CHAPTER 58

I wondered why I stayed in here just to watch you disappeared.

•••

Take

"What the hell are you thinking?"

I froze on my spot and dared not to move until he was finally standing mightily in front of me. The moment our gaze met, my knees wobbled feeling my body slowly melting under his dark gaze.

"Are you trying to leave without telling me?" He spat cooly still angered coating his sentence.

"I.. I.." I swallowed hard shutting my eyes, thinking what to say next. "Look,  Kai.."

He cut me off with a smirk.

"I know you'd left the moment you went out. That would be a perfect chance to escape since you think I'm very busy dealing your problem.."

My chest hurt once again reminded with my situation. Reminded how pathetic and miserable I am and of all people who witnessed is the least person I wanted to ask for help.

I appreciate his effort but that wouldn't be enough for me to be at least okay with that.

"I appreciate your effort for helping me and I'm very thankful for that.. but I would appreciate it more if you stop it now. I don't see any reason for you to continue doing this." I sighed in defeat as his gaze intensified. "This is my own problem that I should've been dealing on my own. At least do me a favor and do not involve yourself anymore."

The talk with Chanyeol passed briefly. I stayed quiet and excuse myself out, unfortunately almost stumbling to Lisa. I didn't expect her to be here of all the places in Seoul when clearly she loathed Chanyeol and the rest.

She almost got me if not for a tall guy who quickly pulled down her hoody to cover her face as they walked out of my sight.

I've noticed the guy were in a complete cover get up from head to toe.

I wanted to go after them but was stop  with Kai's arrival.

"You heard enough your mother clearly instructed to keep you safe and you think running away from me right now is the best decision you'll make? The more you push me away, the more you make things harder for us. Just think about that child before you make your own selfish decision that could harm you both.."

"Why it is so easy for you to assume I would harm my child?" I spat, eyes glistening as pain getting more and more painful. "And you're right. I'm so selfish for wanting to keep you out of this mess instead of taking a risk to help me. And for the record I don't need your help so you don't have to bother playing as my hero."

He gulped once again when those words got him but I'm too hurt to think about it. His gaze settled on me getting more darker I could feel on my veins how his anger intensified.

"Whether you need none any of my help, I don't have time to think that of. If you want to get this done, stop being so stubborn and do me a favor get inside the car."

I prayed all those time to be a little bit closer to my happiness. To take a little glance just to remind me I was once happy because I forgot how to be completely happy. To take a little chance to be happy.. somehow, in a way I don't need to push my luck when it's clearly over for us.

That thought let off a sad smile escape from my lips as I stared more to him.

"Why it is so hard for you to understand the very least I would need is your pity. Your help for once has been deeply appreciated but the second time around didn't offer any help at all. Maybe for a selfish person like me it's so easy to push you away because that would be the easier way to get done without having trouble another collateral damage."