CHAPTER 56

Hope is the parent of despair. My only hope was indeed a misunderstanding itself.

•••

Husband

My eyes wandered in daze looking around when I wake up. The walls painted in blue greeted me before Jisoo's weary face came in line with my vision.

"Thank, God. You scared me.."

I let out a tired smile as I tried to move to sit down.

"Careful!" She easily assisted me adding more pillow to my back.

I watched her every move and staring at her swollen face reminds me of what happened. Upon remembering it I immediately check my belly.

The small quick thumping of my little peanut give way for my tears to flow.

For a minute I was scared to wake up thinking if something bad would happen to my baby I could never forgive myself.

"He's a fighter." I heard her spoke and made me smile a little bit.

"I know. He's been doing good and still holding all these time despite how hard it was for the past weeks.." I smiled more recalling those sleepless nights and how it brought me so much anxieties knowing there's a life inside my body.

It's an overwhelming feeling but scary as well. Overwhelmed with the idea I'd becoming a mother and no matter how bad the timing is, I'm glad he's alright. But realizing the cruel reality that having him could be my downfull as well my members, it scares me.

"I'm glad to hear that. But I'm still worried knowing you fainted! Kai keep on insisting to bring you to the hospital but I'm still all caught up with the confrontation but I'm thankful he listened to me and brought you here in the clinic instead. "

Did he knew? Of course, he did.

I could feel the acids burning my stomach and my face hardened with an unfathomable expression. I want to know what was he thinking but I'm scared at the same time to know what he might could think about me, being pregnant out of plan.

Or maybe it already gave him the conclusion to all those rumors for the past years. That I'm just no like others.

Jisoo bit her lower lip and as if having a second thought to say something, she push the words that I already expected.

"I kind of run to the doctor and blurted your condition.." She smiled nervously. "I was like 'Doc how's Jennie and the baby? She's pregnant and she fainted!' They already know you're pregnant especially.. Kai."

I closed my eyes and chewed my bottom lip. Why am I even worried? I'm pregnant and slowly getting okay with that fact but I can't help to regret a bit of my mistake.

There was so much things we planned but it all went to drain.

I pushed him. He left.

Maybe it was a selfless decision to save someone's happiness even though it means killing your own happiness but I guess I became so selfish taking in all the pain by myself. If only I was brave enough to gave up my dreams but that would mean also giving up my sister's dream.

Things back then were too painful to look back but then it's all in the past now.

That only means Kai, is just only a part of that past.

"I tried to denied it and was like 'No! She's not pregnant I'm just kidding! I'm Jisoo, I'm okay!' but Kai wouldn't believe me!"

If this isn't a serious matter I would be probably laughing my ass off by now. But I just couldn't find the humor in it and let off the saddest smile. She sighed before going to my side and settle herself on the edge of the bed.