CHAPTER 53

Careful hazel eyes, you might die in pain.

•••

Safe

I remained mum throughout the whole ride. Joohyun unnie would constantly check on me and as much as I want to vanish instantly, I can't ignore the fact she's worried about me.

"How are you feeling?"

As soon as we entered inside her home, she fired me questions I couldn't answer right away. I felt nauseous and dizzy at the same time. My body feels like it badly wanted to retire as soon as possible.

"A little bit.." I wasn't able to stop myself and literally yawned in front of them. "..sleepy."

I smiled awkwardly and tried to look away unable to contain an eye contact to any of them. I removed my mask revealing my pale bareface. I even caught a glimpse of Kai creasing his brows but I'm too sleepy to ponder that. Maybe he was weirded about it but that's the least of my concern.

My baby is my main priority and I badly needed to rest. Maybe I'll just take a nap for short while before I'll have a talk with Irene unnie.

"Oh. Sorry for troubling you at this hour. I just badly wanted to talk to you out of my concern. But I guess we need to skip it and let you rest for this night. Have you eaten?" Irene unnie ushered me upstairs which I assumed the bedrooms, leaving Kai.

I nodded weakly and would constantly yawn.

"You really look tired.." She commented with a small smile.

I guess my baby was too exhausted today, but I can't tell her that. She'd faint right away if I'd tell her, I'm sure.

"Ne. These past few days were too exhausting." I meant my pregnancy spell but watching her worried look got me taken aback.

"Well, sorry about earlier. I hope you don't mind Kai being around us. Suho kind of asked him a favor about something which I really do not know actually."

"I'm fine. No need to worry about him. I'm good being around him. It doesn't matter."

Of course it matters! You liar!

I smiled more and forced myself to say something for the sake of saying something.

With all the rumors and allegation spreading about me, Irene unnie couldn't be stop from asking things and if I'm really alright. If only she knew I'm more than worried on how to be a mother rather than to face all my shit.

She opened one of the bedroom and gestured me inside. I did not bother to check the interior a bit but as soon as I saw the softness of the bed, my body felt like wanting to lay there right there and then.

Aigoo. This sleepy peanut can't wait to get on the bed. Merde!

A smile tugged on my lips as I reach for my belly and caress it secretly.

"I'll let you rest for tonight but tomorrow let's try to catch things up. I'm worried about you, Jen.." She caress my hair slowly before bidding her good night. "Please be safe always. "

I wanted to ask if Kai has already left. Not that I want to know but if he'd gonna stay here for tonight, I don't know how awkward it will be for tomorrow. I just.. I just couldn't stand him being so near.

Little peanut doesn't seem to like him. My guess. Oh, god. I'm crazy talking to a pea size kid.

Well, reasonable enough that I didn't know pregnancy was this crazy and demanding.

I slept tired from the things that keeping in my head. I have so much to think about. Slowly, I'm already getting on my plan and on top of it is to see a doctor. I'm still buying some courage and of course, keeping everything in discreet.