Chapter 15 | Tell Me Something That I'll Forget |

And you might have to tell me again

It's crazy what you'll do for a friend

_____________

"How long has this just been sitting in there?" Peter asks looking at the vile in Destiny had just pulled from the fridge.

"Only a day," she shrugs.

"How did you get it?"

"I'll tell you after you tell me how everything went," she takes a seat at the dining table with a cup of coffee. "Want a cup?" Peter shakes his head and takes the seat across from her. "Alright, speak."

"Do I at least get a treat?" He jokes but she doesn't bite. "Look, nothing really happened. Roman had a dumb plan and thankfully no one died."

"I don't think that's a good thing." He gives her a questioning look. "It means he's beginning to neglect the cycles completely. The longer that happens the more wolf he becomes."

"So time's really running out, huh?"

"Looks like it, kiddo."

"How much longer?" He asks, fingers tapping the table.

"February, March at the latest."

"And then what?"

"He becomes an it. And it will be stronger, stronger than you. It won't be restricted to certain times in the month or day. It will kill day and night. Kill anyone."

"Are you still seeing what you did before?" Destiny nods. She opens the top and swirls her fingers around until she finds the single strand of hair. She carefully removes and places it on the table. She gags when it stays stuck to her finger. "I've seen you eat a worm filled with dead girl guts. A hair? Really?" Peter laughs at her.

"We all have things, this is my thing," she glares at him. She lifts the vile into the air. "Bottoms up." Peter watches in disgust as she downs the slimy grey liquid. "Gross."

"Yeah," he nods. "How long?"

"If everything works correctly, I should dream everything I need tonight," she gets up to grab a beer from the fridge to wash down the taste. "Then, if my visions were true... we'll figure something out."

___________

Emma's hand grazes across the clothing hangers creating that familiar clinking sound. She stops every few seconds to look at something she's passed then continues on. A dark blue sweater catches her eye and she pulls it off the rack. "That's nice," she hears her mom mumble.

"Yeah, it's cute," she continues to browse, picking up a few more. She makes her way towards the coats rack and finds a nice one she likes but it's too small on her. "I can't find anything," she tells Kay.

"How about this one?" She holds up possibly the ugliest piece of clothing Emma has ever seen in real like.

"No," she shakes her head. "This one's fine," she holds the heavy forest green coat out to her mom.

"Try it on." Emma hands Kay her purse and slides the coat on over her clothes. "It looks good! How does it feel?"

"It's fine," Emma nods. "This is good."

"How much is it?" Emma searches for the tag.

"Fifteen."

"Good deal," she nods. "Let's try these sweaters on and get to dinner."

Emma goes into the dressing room with the handful of sweaters she's found and hangs them up. The first two get a nod from her mom, the third one gets held up. "Emily, hole on the shoulder."