Right after she sent the text April turned off her phone until it was safe to turn it back on again. As soon as it was safe to turn it back on she picked it up and called her father.

He answered on the third ring. "Peanut" Ian answered with his voice filled with excitement. April knew that he along with her mother had missed her and couldn't wait to see her. She made a mental note to visit them first thing in the morning. Besides she needed to catch up with her father anyway. They had some business to discuss.

April smiled. "Hey daddy just letting you know I'm on the jet and on my way home"

"Good, good mommy and me can't wait to see you" She knew he was smiling.

"Same here I miss you guys"

"I know what you really called for and yes I'm on it and been on it" Ian answered without her having to ask. "We'll discuss everything tomorrow"

April laughed a little. "Thanks daddy well I'm a get a head start on some of my work and when I land I'll call or text ya to let you know I made it home"

"Ok Peanut have a safe flight. We love you"

"Love you guys too. Give mommy a kiss for me"

"Will do...later Peanut"

"Later daddy" April hung up. As soon as she hung up she turned on her MacBook Pro and got to work. She wanted to be on point when she walked into her office bright and early Monday morning. She had quite a lot to catch up on. Just because she wasn't there didn't mean that work stopped. "Yes Unkie" she looked up from her laptop focusing on her uncle feeling his eyes on her as if he was observing her which he was.

"Nothing just looking at you Jamaica got you glowing" he eyed her giving her a look like he had more to say but wasn't going to say anything. It felt like he was looking, looking at her like he knew something she didn't.

"Well I feel like its done wonders for me. I feel good. No I feel great"

"That it did" he nodded his head agreeing with her. He had been there to see all of her progress. Ny'Reek was not only proud of her but he was also happy that she had found happiness within herself.

"It looks like you have more on ya mind though. Care to share? I can take a quick break" April gave him her full attention.

"Nah you good finish working. I know you have a lot to catch up on" he replied.

"You sure" she questioned with her brow raised. If he wanted to talk she would gladly stop what she was doing and give him her full attention.

"I'm sure shorty doo wop do ya thing"

"Ok" she nodded and went back to work as she adjusted her glasses on her face.

Two hours into the flight April started to feel queasy. April quickly clasped her hand over her mouth and jumped up from her seat racing to the bathroom. As soon as she made it to the toilet she was on the floor puking up everything she had eaten that morning and possibly last night.

"Baby girl you aight" her uncle asked as he cautiously walked into the bathroom looking at her worried. April looked up at him and shook her head no as her eyes teared up and just like that her head was right back over the toilet throwing up again.

Ny'Reek knelt down beside her, rubbed her back, and stayed right by her side until she was done. Once she was done he got up, grabbed a fresh wash rag and wet it with cold water, folded it then pulled April into his arms placing the dampened rag across her forehead, and gently rocked her back and forth. As soon as she calmed down he got the flight attendant to fetch April a warm ginger ale. Once her stomach was settled and she felt ok April brushed her teeth, went and turned off her laptop, and went straight to her bedroom to hopefully get some sleep for the remainder of the flight home. Three hours later she was finally back in Jersey and headed straight home. She couldn't wait to get home and hop into her own bed. This had been the suckiest flight she had ever encountered.

All She Wanted Was Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें