Chapter 39

Dear Jason,

I don't know what to say. I've countlessly wished for this moment to come.

Seems like yesterday, I heard the unfortunate news of your death.

Now, I know you're alive!

It is so surreal that I find myself dreaming. But I'd rather dream you're alive than face the reality of you being gone.

Tell me... Why did you leave me?

Losing you was the most painful feeling in the world. I lost my best friend, my confidant, my cheerleader, my love.

I lost you and I lost half of me.

But now...

I remember the little signs; like someone following me everywhere I went, you coming to my rescue and defense at the club, your shockingly sweet note, your presence at the parking lot...

You.

But the question I keep asking is; Why?

Why did you hide yourself from us, from me?

Why did you watch us from a distance especially those moments we were shattered knowing you were truly gone?

I've shed a gazillion tears over you!

I lost the will to live over you.

I pushed others away because of you.

I turned down guys because in everything, you were all I could see and think of.

However, in a plethora of ways, losing you was a blessing. It helped me become better and I have you to thank for self-improvement.

Thank you for making me stronger, see life clearer, boost my will to live, even from a distance.

You've helped me so much more than I could ever fathom.

You'd never believe how life-changing the thought of seeing you again feels like.

Please come back!

Come back to us!

Come back to me.

I don't care what your reasons are for disappearing.

I just want you...

Right here with me!

I want you back!

Please come!

Cassiopeia.

PS. I never stopped loving you!

-
-

These words of my letter filled up my memory as I got to the beach.
Suddenly, a wave a nausea enveloped me and I immediately felt fear.

What if he wasn't here?

What if we met and things were never the same?

There and then, I felt the urge to turn back and run home to the comfort of my bed.

... But I couldn't.

Not after anticipating this moment since forever. Not after knowing he was here.

Call me crazy, a vampire, a werewolf, anything. But I could smell his scent.

The same exhilarating feeling I felt whenever I held his shirt or anything belonging to him buzzed through.

However, this time, it was different.

It was real because he was here.

I let my eyes zoom round the beach; looking, searching.

He wasn't hard to find though as he sat—the only person present—watching the waves, silent and reassuring.

I would have turned and ran away if  he hadn't sensed my presence and looked back.

Suddenly staring at me.

Heaven help me, I couldn't breathe! I stood motionless, overwhelmed and emotional.

Instantly, my legs gave up on their own accord and found myself kneeling down upon the sand, my eyes still trapped in his gaze.

And as he stood, brushed his beach shorts and walked towards me, my heartbeat skyrocketed like never before.

After everything, he was here!

At last, with all confirmations, Jason is alive.

He had returned!

Words would never qualify my recent emotions.

But life couldn't have been more beautiful than at this moment!

Very short chapter but exceedingly worth it!

Who else feels like crying?

The last chapter of the story comes up soon. Please hang on!

Love,
Osaro.