Chapter 11

Forgiving and also apologizing for the way I reacted was so easy, I wondered why I hadn't gotten to it long ago. Now I had Ana back and we talked back and forth, her drilling me in on what had been happening ever since I had decided not to leave my room. Dad had tried getting in but mum convinced him I needed space and time alone. I was grateful for that.

She also stated that Samantha and Valerie stopped by to hangout and they all had picnic at the beach. God, I missed the beach terribly! I'd have to go soon. I also missed hanging out with everyone. Our picnics, movie nights, shopping, were always memorable.

Speaking of memorable, I suddenly remembered my near death experience where I had an encounter with my aunt, Ana's mum. I had completely forgotten about it ever since and now appeared to be the right time to tell Ana about it.

"Ana, I have to tell you something." She nodded, gesturing for me to continue. So I told her everything. Beginning from when I had zoomed out of earth to that extremely frosty place, which till date, I had no idea of its name. As I explained, I felt chills remembering the atmosphere. Then I moved on to how figures like humans stumbled on me, almost making me fall and possibly trampled on. When I got to the part where I mentioned Aunt Rachael, her usual ebullient demeanor wore off and an unwonted look of surprise and fear took over. When I noticed the slight trembling of her fingers, I opted on pausing the story for another time but changed my decision due to the fact that I hated procrastination.

The subject would definitely pop up soon even if I stopped now.

Therefore, I narrated everything! To my expectation, she was heartbroken and her inner strength resolved, leaving her in a mess of tears. I knew how she felt. Countless times, when she was younger, she fussed about the whereabouts of her mother. During that period, my parents in conjunction with her father, had told her that her mother had traveled. She whined and complained continuously for her to return. It wasn't until she was old enough, did they tell her the truth about her mother's death. She was heartbroken for a long time but moved on when she came to terms with the fact that death meant never coming back. The remarriage of her father and birth of her twin half-brothers helped her deal with her loss.

"We seem to be in so much misery and tears recently." I stated brushing off two lines of tears, while inhaling and exhaling, being aware that I might result to tears soon.

"Y-Yeah. I miss my mum so much even though I have no memory of her. She meant so much to me and can never be replaced." She confessed. I was so emotionally moved by her confession.

Speaking of confessions, I decided not to tell her about Aunt Rachael's confession about being the culprit behind my loss of sight. Ana respected and admired her mother even more than the way one fangirled a celebrity. There was no need tarnishing that approbation.

In addition to my thoughts, I comforted Ana instead by giving her a bear hug. There was a thing about hugs that could break down the emotions of even the strongest and most independent individuals. Right now, I held her and patiently waited for her wailings to subside.

"What's going on here?" We jumped off each other, terrified by the unexpected intrusion and glanced as mum walked towards us, carrying a tray while having the saddest look of concern ever.

"I'm sorry, I came up here to drop off your food at the threshold but heard the sound of someone crying in pain so I decided to check to make sure you're fine." Mum explained while we stared at her like she was speaking gibberish. Neither one of us answered though

"What's happening. Oh my goodness, are you alright, Cassiopeia? Ana?" She had begun to panic and I couldn't hold it anymore.

"I was just talking to her, narrating my near death experience."  Ana peeked at me  for a second, perhaps wondering while I called it that. My infamous mind would have said it was a mere dream but when I woke up back in the hospital, I knew it was real. How could you explain doctors telling you that you died and came back? That was a bit extraordinary to ignore, wasn't it?