Chapter Sixty-Seven: L-O-V-E Spells-Hey, What Do You Think You're Doing?

Start from the beginning

Jordan took a deep breath. "Okay. You know what? You're right. I'm telling them."

"Are you sure? I don't wanna make you feel pressured," Five said.

"I'm sure," Jordan lifted their interlocked hands to his lips and brushed a kiss over the other boys knuckles.

Five smiled.

"Hey!" Klaus stuck his head into the room. Five abruptly moved their arms so it covered the headline on the magazine, which still lay on the table between them.

"Stop being so cutesy and come play video games with us. We're having a mostly-family tournament."

If Klaus noticed their covering up, he didn't say anything. "Why is it a mostly-family tournament?" Jordan wakes.

"Because, Diego's missing."

That sobered them up.

"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "Let's go."

The three boys went upstairs, joining everyone in Ron's room.

~{}~

Ron screamed in victory, holding his arms above his head. "Yes!" He shouted, falling back on the bed. Luther and Vanya groaned.

"I advance!" He yelled. "Woo-hoo!"

"I advance too!" Ben shouted, laughing.

They all where scattered about Ron's room—Ben, Vanya, and Ron on the bed, Luther in a bean bag, Allison at the desk, Klaus sitting in front of the bed on the floor, and Jordan and Five resting on a beanbag as well, Jordans legs thrown carefully over the others. The window was open, letting in some air.

"Now it's just Five, Ben, Ron, and I!" Allison holds her hands out for a remote, which Vanya supplies. "You guys are going down!"

"You wish!" Ron giggles, staring at them all with wide eyes. It's as if he, just now, is registering the fact that his favorite people in the world (besides Jordan and Tate) are sitting in his bedroom playing Mario Kart with him.

"Alright Luther, give me the remote." Five gently moved Jordans legs off him and stood up, accepting the remote.

"You guys ready?" Klaus asked, grinning like a madman. Jordan wiggled around until he could see both the final four and the TV.

"Born ready!" Allison smirked, her fingers curled over the remote.

"That's good! Good for you," Klaus said. "On your mark...get set...go!"

His count-off matched the games, and then all four of their karts shot off.

"Allison takes the lead—never mind, that one's Ronald McDonald!" Klaus was creating the commentary.

"Stop calling me that!" Ron says, but he doesn't take his attention off the TV.

"Oh no, Ronald McDonald has been run off the track by—which one is that?—oh my Lord it's Five! For once in his entire life, Five is winning!"

Vanya burst into laughter.

"Oh dear, there's Ben running through third place! Allison, buddy, you've gotta be better than them! Come on, you can't lose to a bunch of guys!"

Jordan was trying not to laugh so hard. It really wasn't even that funny, he thought to himself as Klaus continued his commentary, but it just felt nice to laugh and have it feel so genuine.

He wondered if they'd all be laughing after he told them. Would they think it was a joke? Was he going to have to show them? Five had found out because he was killing a man. Would they find out about that? Would he tell them? Was he even bothered by it? Surely, when you killed a man, you where supposed to be scarred for life. Jordan had barely even thought about. God. Was he that fucked up?