Chapter 1

"GET UP RIGHT NOW" screamed my demanding best friend, Deliah proceeded to blind me when she opened the curtains.

"Anastasia, It's your nineteenth birthday which equals party which equals YOU MIGHT FIND YOUR BLOODY MATE" She exclaimed dramatically. I cannot believe she won't stop reminding me. I've completely given up on finding this myth of a mate.

You see most female Werewolves find their mate at the age of sixteen. I on other hand didn't find such luck. So I have given up. I'm no longer waiting on the moon goddess to drop my so called mate in my life. In fact, I would rather take my life into my own hands. Control the things I can control. I came to peace with the fact that I cannot force destiny but can simply force myself to do the things that are in my control. And since this realisation, this epiphany, I have been working towards things that are in my power such as training, studying and working towards my future. You see most werewolves leave the moon goddess and destiny to take control over their lives. I however can do no such thing. I don't simply want to live to be the mate of somebody or or just another wolf in a pack house sitting following the rules of the Alpha. I Believe there is so much more to life.

"I wonder who he is... Maybe it's Tyrone he's had his eyes on you for a while, or maybe Sam I'd ship that or-" I quickly cut her off by stating "I might not even find he today I could find him when I'm two hundred and six for all I know. I am not looking for him. I do not need a man to give me a false sense of fulfilment. Just calm down and LET ME SLEEP!" I groaned, Hoping she'd get the message...she didn't get the message.

"Anastasia what do you mean you might not find you mate today?! You know the Alpha and Luna has been planning this party for months!" She exclaimed and continued her rant.

"They love you ever since your second shift when you saved the Luna and the Alphas pup from the rogue attack, YOU WERE ONLY THIRTEEN"

"Yes, yes I know. I was there" I remind her. Ever since that incident, that is when I finally had that feeling of a sense of place. I train harder than anyone , any female or male, any omega, warrior beta, anyone, anyone in this pack and work harder than everyone I know. From a young age I always admired the hero in the movies and books and from 13 when the incident took place gave me a feeling of heroism. Which was my drug, my fuel that kept me going.

"Yes and you also know they've invited all the packs of America. Even the Black Blood pack the most ruthless pack there is, THAT'S PACK SUICIDE! But Alpha Blake invited them for your happiness the least you can do is get ready for university and then come back for your party." She stated.

I chuckled, my main focus was becoming a doctor and yet everyone around me was blind to the fact of the matter which was I believe there is more to life than a soulmate.

At the mention of Black Blood pack I immediately shivered in fear they are the most ruthless pack there is they train rogues and turn them into killing machines. They kill and kill mercilessly they are a terror. They stood for the opposite of what I believed in. I am very pro-life and very against the The social Normality is that have been around and where will floor

They are the biggest pack and the alpha is Alpha of all Alphas, the Alpha king. I've heard so much stories about how attractive he is about his silver eyes that hold many emotions that cannot be foretold. He still hasn't found his mate but I pray to the Moon Godess that she can change him before he becomes too powerful. But Alissa's words repeat themselves in my ears and I groan again knowing that she was right and I got up. She smiled brightly and got out but not before shouting. "I only give you an hour." She said in sing song voice.

I went into the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror. Long braids down to my waist, not too tall, not too short, dark brown eyes, dark skin and curves in all the right places. I am average. I got into the bathroom and took a shower and I brushed my teeth afterwards. I quickly put on my denim shorts, my crop top and only applied mascara and lip gloss and put on my favourite pair of vans. Then, on the way down the stairs I grabbed my bracelets, rings and last but certainly not least I put on the necklace the Alpha and Luna gave to me when I was thirteen. It was a wolf howling to the moon. It symbolised the courage the alpha said I had when I saved his family.