Mates and Fates

I could taste the tension in the air. TWO MATES?! What is going on?! If the atmosphere of partying and having fun wasn't dead before it sure was dead and buried now. Mysterious unnamed mate number two spoke first,

"Hello love, how are you dear?". English accent was the first thing that hit me followed by the fact he seemed unfazed by Xaiver's hatred burning eyes. Can't I get a break?! Moon Godness why? How have I wronged you?! He then waved his hand in front of my face while stepping closer.

"Are you alright, love? I'm so happy to meet you! My name is  Kayden. And you are?"

His grin reached his eyes and he looked at me in amazement. To say I was confused was an understatement but sometimes not knowing is the only way to know.

"Abigail, My name is Abigail" I stepped slightly backwards feeling slightly flustered by the intensity he was looking at me with.

"Pleasure to meet you! I cannot wait to get to know-" he started but as expected he was rudely cut off by Xaiver and I was pulled into Xaiver's hard chest and he was fuming!

"You cannot wait to get to know who?! My mate?! You must be stupid or suicidal. Maybe even both. To be honest I don't care but you will not be seeing, hearing, talking or breathing the same air as my mate! GUARDS! See him off. I don't want to see him again or I swear you'll all wish you were never conceived!" Kayden had a hard look on his face but when his eyes met he looked vulnerable and his softened immediately,

"My beautiful mate" he said as he walked closer to me. I wriggled out of Xaiver's strong hold catching him unexpected because I know I could never easily escape his hold normally.

"Cayden" I whispered softly. I could hear Xaiver growling fiercely behind me but I currently didn't care.

"I'll come back for you my love, my love for you will keep me troubled until I have you in my arms. Until then". He leans in closer and suddenly he pecks my cheek causing billions of fireworks to erupt from my chest, stomach, heart you mention it.

I returned his grin. But Xaiver's guards cut him off grabbing him by the arm and walking him out. I was dazed. Part of me couldn't help but internally squeal. He was perfect. Built like a perfect sculpted god. He's jawline was stronger than the pack house wifi...so extremely strong. His cheekbones, his face, his everything. Arrrrrghh! My cheek was still very much tingly from the peck he placed there. I wish he would have taken it even further. I wonder what it would be like to-. But my thoughts were soon cut off as Xaiver pulled me to face him. He was growling, glaring with greater intensity than Cayden used to look at me lovingly,

"I can smell your arousal and it's obviously not for me!" He growled.

He was shaking. He couldn't have been any angrier. I looked around and noticed that everyone had left. Maybe to give us privacy, most likely to avoid the thick tension. I was suddenly consumed by fear. I don't know this man, how can I trust him. I don't.

"Don't raise your voice at me. You'll have to excuse me, I'm very tired and want to rest. So I will discuss this with you later." I said proceeding to leave the great hall.

"And where do you plan on sleeping?" He asked me. A smirk playing along his lips.

"Not with you if that's what you're insinuating, you might not even be my mate!" I said with a firm voice.

I instantly regretted saying that because his eyes instantly saw red.

"Listen to me! I don't know what is going on but as long as my mark is on your neck, as long as I feel what I feel for you, you're not leaving my sight."

My stomach fluttered, he feels stuff for me? My thoughts didn't last long as he started walking towards me and threw me over his shoulder giving me a spectacular view of his backside.

I began to pound his against his back with my hands,

" Let me go!"

He ignored me but I swear I could feel his eyes roll. After like 3 minutes he put me down and set me sitting on a bed. We were in a room. A big room.

"We're staying here tonight!" We're, as in me and him? But it's not a bunk bed?!

"You want me to sleep with you" I pointed at him with my index finger.

"Yes, it will happen!" He stated confidently.

"But you might not be my mate?!" I exclaimed. He came closer to me. I couldn't see any anger in his facial expressions.

He was standing so close there was no more space between us.

"Don't you feel what we have. I know you do!" He said his eyes searching in mine.

I honestly replied, "Everything I feel with you I feel for him too". He growled. I grabbed the nightwear laid out on the bed, obviously for me unless he enjoys silky, satin nightdresses and walked into the bathroom without saying another word. I locked the door. Can't be too careful. I slipped on the nightgown and rinsed my face with some cold water. I unlocked the door and made my way to the bed, suddenly too tired to argue anymore. Xaiver was already in the left side of the bed wearing just his boxers. He truly is mouthwatering. I slid into the right side of the bed and took in his facial features properly. Strong jawline, amazing facial structure and a straight nose?! Most alphas never have straight noses. They're always crooked due to battles, wars and fights!

"It's rude to stare" he said. His facial features started to moved as his lips curled into a smirk.

"Sorry" I said. He then wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer so I was pressed up against him and could smell his peppermint breath.

I used my finger to trace his facial features. He occasionally shook making me grin at my effect on him. When I reached his nose I quietly said,

"You have a straight nose, how?"

My eyebrows scrunched up. As I looked into his eyes. He sighed before answering,

"I don't let them close enough to my face let alone close enough to break anything."

I nodded slightly, content with his answer.

Feeling bold, I raised my head and pecked him on the cheek. I stared into his eyes, feeling braver I pecked him on the lips. But he instantly kissed back so we were making out! There were sparks everywhere. I felt like there was a tornado in my chest. I moved on top of him without breaking the kiss straddling him. He growled into my lips then flipped us over so he was on top, hovering over me. He took dominance over the kiss and I just let him lead. Then his eyes turned a very dark red colour. He suddenly pushed me off him like a was a dirty disease and stormed out of the room leaving me beyond confused.

Sorry for the long wait. Honestly I didn't feel like continuing the book. But now I do thanks the massive support I received from every single one of you guys. Please share my book, comment and vote. I'll be updating on a weekly basis now. So please comment the day you'd like the updates to be on.