When He Tries to Escape ~Cole

"Cole! Cole!" I faintly hear as I start to gain consciousness.

I look around and see Lloyd leaning over me.

"Lloyd? What are you doing?" I ask sitting up.

"The overlord is gone! We need to try and make our escape while he's away."

I hop to my feet and grab my head as pain rushes there. Lloyd looks at me worriedly, but I just brush it off.

"So, how do you propose we escape?" I ask looking around.

"That vent! We climb up the wires, get the cover off, crawl through there, and escape!" Lloyd says starting to climb one of the wires.

"Do you really think this will work?" I say following up after him.

"We're about to find out." Lloyd says trying to figure out a way to get the cover off.

I feel around in my pockets. I know I have my Swiss Army knife (Y/N) got me in one of them, but I'm not sure if the Overlord confiscated it when he trapped us in here. I finally find it in my hoodie pocket and hug it to me as if my life depends on it. If I never get out of here, this is all I have left of her. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Lloyd say something above me.

"What?" I ask clearing my thoughts

"Are you ok, Cole?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Here's my knife. See if it can help you with that vent." I say tossing it up to him.

He is able to get the vent off, and crawls into it. I follow the rest of the way up and crawl in after Lloyd. There is no way to reattach the cover, so if the overlord comes in, he will know exactly the way we escaped. There is only one way to go, so we follow that, and hope it won't lead us to our doom. Lloyd looks out the other opening, and he turns around to me with a smile on his face.

"It leads outside!" He says flipping to his back.

He kicks the cover and it goes flying off. Lloyd slides out as I flip to my back and follow. As I look around, I notice we're in a forest with numerous places to hide. Lloyd tosses me my knife before running in a random direction, and I quickly follow him.

"How do you know which way to go? I've never seen this before?" I say as Lloyd stops to take in his surroundings.

Lloyd looks at me with confidence, but I look away from the sight in front of me. I still cringe every time I see the blood stain on his side, and now I see the scratch across his cheek, that hopefully won't scar. I thought I got it bad with the broken ribs, and cracked shoulder blade. Lloyd puts his hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up into his eyes.

"I don't. I'm just hoping to find something familiar, and put as much distance between me, and that place." Lloyd says taking off again.

I follow after him, and before long, we come upon a stream. Neither of us have had anything to drink since our time here, and quite frankly, we're thirsty. Not long into our drink break, we hear a screech from behind us.

"YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME!" He yells, and we take off running without a second thought.

Lloyd keeps switching directions, in hopes that he won't catch up, and will lose us. Our escape soon ends when the overlord appears in front of us.

"You can not escape me!" He says closing in on us.

"That's what you think!" Lloyd says and blasts him with his energy ball. It distracts him enough that we are able to make an escape else where.

I think we're doing good, until the ground falls out from underneath me, and I land in a pit of barbs. The pain soars through me, and I scream out.