Nick pulled away and messed with my hair. "Don't tease me, kid. Get back to whatever you're doing."

"Don't watch me this time!" I called after Nick. "I want it to be a me thing, not a you watching me thing, okay?"

Nick waved his hand after me. I rolled my eyes and flipped the screens out in front of me.

"So he's your dad?" Tony asked when Nick was long gone.

"Yeah," I replied. "What's it to you?"

Tony shrugged. "Nothing. Just never thought Nick for the father type."

"I'm not his kid," I replied as I tapped the screen in front of me. "I'm adopted. But if you tell anyone, I will murder you and make it look like an accident, okay?"

"Sure, kid," Tony replied. "I knew something was up between you two. I just thought you were really close."

"No, he's my dad," I replied. "Don't mention it anymore. I don't like being teased about it."

"Yes, ma'am," Tony said.

We worked for hours before my phone went off. I picked it up and saw a message from Natasha.

Meet me in your room. I'll help you with your outfit for your date tonight ;)

Shut up. I hate you with every fiber with my being. I'll be there soon.

I hopped off the counter. "I'll see you tomorrow, Tony."

"Don't be late!" Tony yelled as I left.

I laughed as I slipped out. I went up to my room, finding Natasha in there, looking through my closet.

She pulled out a few pieces of clothing. "I found a few things for you. What do you think?"

I took the clothes. "I'll have to try them on."

I tried them on, finding that most of them had skirts. I narrowed down my options as Natasha looked through shoes. I chose an outfit and put it on, admiring my reflection in the mirror.

"Is that the one?"

I nodded, twirling around. Natasha handed me a pair of tall boots and I slipped them on. I twirled around and smiled at myself.

"You look great, Charlie," Natasha said. "I think you look perfect. Rhodey will love it."

I laughed and grabbed a small purse. "Let's hope so. I think it's decent enough."

Natasha squeezed my shoulders. "More than decent. Now go out and make him fall in love with you."

I laughed. "Why would I want that? I'm not the type for love."

When a knock came at the door, I answered. Rhodey was there in a leather jacket and darker clothing. He looked attractive for sure.

Rhodey smiled. "Hey. Ready to go?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I looked back at Natasha. "Can you grab my phone for me?"

Nat nodded and handed my phone to me. I put it in my purse and followed Rhodey out. Leaving the Tower, we walked down the street together. We had to take the subway to the park. Sitting next to each other, I scooted a little closer to Rhodey. He glanced at me, his fingers brushing my hand.

Our stop came and we stepped. As we passed through the crowds, Rhodey grabbed my hand. I smiled shyly at him before looking away. We arrived at the park and found a bench to sit down at.

"What do you like to do?" I asked.

"Reading. I like reading historical books," Rhodey answered. "And walking. I find peace while talking walks. It allows me to think."