Chapter 12|Something Isn't Quite Right

Second person Point of View

"Hey, kid, go home without me, okay?" your aunt Tsubasa instructed.

"'Kaaayy," you replied after cleaning up the floor of the store and finishing your couple of hours. Hell yeah, now you have what 970 yen.

A cold Sunday night again. Thankfully, your hoodie helped shield you from the cold. When it started pouring, however, you realized you wouldn't escape unharmed.

The rain hit hard, and the water was just drenching you to the bone. It didn't help that strong winds were making it hard to even pass through.

Goddammit, I should've waited for Tsubasa, you internally scolded yourself. Grumbling, you continued on the treacherous path home.

A looming feeling of being watched started to prick at you, and you couldn't shake it off. You looked around, but it was an oddly quiet night, even for rainy weather. Only a few cars had even passed by.

A silhouette in the alley beside you make you get into a defensive stance. When you turned, you could've sworn you saw (B/n) there. The silhouette was very real, however, and it turned a different direction.

Obviously, it wanted you to follow.

Honestly? I have nothing better to do. Even with the rain, you'd kill for some action in your life that wasn't related to an existential crisis or mixed romantic feelings or whatever.

Speaking about romantic feelings, wasn't there someone Izuku liked? Even if he tried to deny it?

You walked in the alley, being sure to be ready to activate your quirk if necessary. Sure, it wasn't really good for close hand combat, but you could freak the hell out of your attacker or trick them.

Just like how you trick everyone else.

Your ears picked up on faint splish splashing, and you followed. There, you met face to face with her.

"Hello, (Y/n). I knew you'd come," greeted a honeyed voice.

-

Izuku stared at the mirror in the bathroom, probably longer than he should've. Still, he couldn't help but scan his own face over and over.

Was he looking for something redeemable on his freckled face, or something obvious that made him plain and ordinary looking?

"Izuku? Are you okay? You've been in the bathroom for a while," his mom knocked on the door lightly. Izuku jumped in response, but assured Inko he'd come out in a second.

Once at school, the green haired boy took a deep breath when he was in his seat.

So maybe you liked someone else. That wasn't a bad thing, you could do what you want. It's not like he'd ever muster the courage to confess anyways.

So why did his heart sink to his stomach when he thought about it? When he wondered who was the lucky bastard that you had butterflies thinking about, he knew he wasn't the person to come to mind.

"Hey there broccoli boy, you okay?"

"Ah!"

He yelped when you hopped on his desk out of the blue. Your eyebrows furrowed slightly in worry at his reaction.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about it!" he reassured you, but a second ago he looked a little depressed.

"You sure? I can sense you're afraid of something," you responded. "Anything I can help you with? I'm your friend, after all."

Friend.

Forcing a smile, he looked back up at you. His eyes didn't sparkle like they usually did, rather there was something absent in his eyes. It made it obvious something was off by just a glance.