Chapter 11|Mean Something To You, Dear

Here's an update after a year and like a month. Yeah, fuck you too. Further author comments at the end.

Third person Point of View

Shouto lay awake one night. He couldn't sleep, for one reason.

A girl was stuck in his mind. No matter how hard he tried, she didn't go away. She lingered, or more like haunted? (Name) was something special. He saw something different, something he hadn't seen before. Even though he didn't acknowledge it, he had taken interest in her since the first day of U.A when she made it clear despite not having such a flashy quirk like Bakugou or Tenya, she was still strong, physically and mentally.

Maybe this was something more than just interest. Although Shouto wouldn't like to think he did, he might have a crush on her?

No, no, no. Bad. Ew. Bad feelings. Face getting hot. Heart racing. Legs and arms trembling. And not to forget the little butterflies in his stomach.

He didn't feel this way around Midoriya or Uraraka or Yaoyorozu or anyone else. Only (Y/N).

Shouto told his mother about it. He would soon regret it. When he went to visit her three weeks before introducing her and (Y/N), he asked her if he had caught an illness before he began to realize he caught feelings. His mother thought it was wonderful, and was very eager to meet you. Afterwards, she teased her son relentlessly.

Would (y/n) feel the same about her though? Shouto's mom said he should tell her soon. He wouldn't want to ruin their friendship or anything. Say she did, then what? They go out? They date? What if she stops liking him? And starts liking someone else? What if he got left behind?

Okay, he might've been overthinking it a bit.

Surely this wouldn't matter much, but then again, he felt this strong desire. He wanted it to matter. He wanted something with her. A relationship? A stronger friendship? Haha, he probably couldn't handle a relationship. He wasn't really the kind of dating guy.

Even if he didn't get to hold her, or touch her or kiss her or, god, gross. Was this something he actually wanted? Even if he didn't get that close to her, being with her was enough to make his life ten times better.

There weren't many things he had to look forward to in life in the first place. After being associated with the people he know called friends, however, he realized that he had a little more to wake up to everyday now. And he had her to thank, and everyone else.

Hmm. If he were to potentially confess, he'd have to remember that last bit in his head.

Right now, it was way too soon for him. He'd have to wait before going and doing anything rash. But what if someone liked (Y/n) too? What if they confessed to her first?

The only other people that interacted with her were him, Ochaco, Tenya, and Izuku. And none of them seemed to act like they had feeling for her, except Izuku who frequently acted flustered and-

Midoriya.

With lingering questions, Shouto fell asleep a few hours after he originally intended to.

Short as shit but I don't really care. It's an update, take it, take this garbage I barely touched after having it in my drafts since like May 2018 or smth.
Since it's July 2019 now, ima change some things last sec.

No more clairvoyance. Like, that too much bro.

There's bandages instead of an eyepatch around the whatever side it was of ur face.

The illusions you create can be elaborate, so ur training on doing that.

I feel like I said something about your eye doing something when quirk is activated, so your eye will turn red when it is. Fuck anything else I said. It like aizawa. But no hair stuff.

The chapters that refered to u as male they're female. I don't wanna edit it myself im too tired but yeaj your female everyone keeps bitching about it noah fence so.

Ur not always gonna be dressed like a homeless russian hacker when ur out idk why I did that and thought it was ok. Maybe because I did that a lot but now I can't 😔

Minor shit, so yeah. Anyways I'll try to update a little more. I'm still working on a bnha isekai reader insert so check it out once it's published (reader gets trapped in the fantasy au it's kind of various but they'll all get their time to shine).