Chapter 5|Fantasize To See How It Makes You Feel

Second Person POV
--

"Todoroki-San," you began. "What's your family like? If you don't mind me asking you stuff," you added. Shouto paused, but kept walking normally.

"Feel free to ask me anything. I'll do the same, of course. Then we'll both be able to get to know each other," he said. "My old man is famous. You've heard of the hero, Endeavor, correct?"

Your lips part slightly. Actually, it kind of makes sense, since Endeavor's quirk is fire and from what you knew, Shouto could also control fire. You'd never actually seen him use it though. So that lead you to believe his mother had an ice quirk, or something similar.

"Y-Yeah," you answered.

"He trained me at a young age so I could become his perfect weapon. My parents, their marriage was only made so my father could find a powerful child with a powerful quirk. Chances are he'll also force me into some arranged marriage in the future," he explained. Wow. For someone who came off as quite and a bit scary, he talked a lot, not gonna lie.

"Trashbag," he muttered, gritting his teeth. You didn't know Endeavor was actually like that. You assumed he was as noble as All Might, being hero number two. But it sounds like he went pretty harsh on poor Shouto.

"I'm. . . Sorry," was all you could say.

"What about you? What's your family like?" he asked, turning back to you slightly.

"Huh? Oh, I live with my aunt right now. She's really nice!! She works really hard for both of us," you said excitedly. Again, Shouto noted the change in mood. "I know people usually admire heroes like Midnight and Thirteen, but I think I look up to her the most." You smiled as you talked about her.

"You make it sound like you only recently started living with her on your own. Did something happened that forced you into that?"

"Isn't it my turn to ask you stuff?"

"Oh, right. My apologies."

"It's fine, silly. Gee. You didn't tell me about your mom, you know," you reminded.

"My mom. Well, she isn't really around."

Is she dead?

"It's not that she's dead, but. . . An accident happen and my dad forced her into a hospital for several years. She's still in there now. I haven't seen her since," Shouto sighed lightly.

"Ask me now," you ordered after a pause.

"Okay. I've been wondering. . ." Shouto was walking shoulder to shoulder, so he looked at you again. Oh your left, where your eyepatch was.

He's staring, isn't he?

"If it's alright to ask something private, (l/n), why do you wear that eyepatch?" Talking about it made you rather uneasy. To relive your bad days. "I understand there might be traumatic memories behind it, so only tell me if you wish," Shouto assured. You were conflicted between telling him and not. It didn't matter much. Or you tried to convince yourself it didn't.

"Um, maybe another time, heh. Is there anything else?" you tilted your head, facing him, so he could see the rest if your face and the reassuring smile you'd given.

"You go ahead."

"Alright. . . I feel kind of hypocritical, but what about that scar on your face? It looks like a bad burn. I had one of those on my chest a few years ago, and it really hurts. Boiling hot water, nonetheless!" You started to complain a bit.

"That's exactly it." Huh? "I didn't mention it but. . . When I was younger, my mom began to hate my father. And slowly she began to hate me. My left side. One day I walked in on her on the phone, with a pot of water on the stove and. . ." You already knew his this ended. You couldn't believe that a mother would do that to her own child.