Ayato Sakamaki X Reader {Ready for a swim?}

Fandom: Diabolik Lovers

Pairing: Ayato Sakamaki X Gender Neutral Reader

Word count: 961

Warnings: None.

A/N: If you would like more, make sure to request by commenting on the very first chapter of the book!

The excited cheers of the crowd in the stadium beat like drums in my ears as I stood at one end of the swimming pool, waiting for my turn to jump in. This relay race had been an event I was looking forward to for as long as I could remember and now I was standing here, waiting for my teammate, Ayato Sakamaki, to make his round back. I take a deep breath as I see him getting close and dive in as soon as he reaches his finishing point.

The cold water instantly surrounds my body and, as if it were second nature to me, my legs and arms move with the water and before I know it, I have already covered half of my lap. I hear the muffled cheers of the crowd watching us, giving me more motivation than I've ever felt. I finally bring my head back above the surface, touching the wall of the pool and look around to see the other teams' members end their race after me. With a huge smile on my face, I look up at my teammates in excitement and see a hand extended for me to take. I trace my eyes upon the muscular arm to see Ayato holding out his hand.

"Thanks!" My yell mixes with the cheers of the crowd and team members as I take his hand and he pulls me up, engulfing me in a wet hug right after.

"Great job!" He smirks and pats my back, grabbing my wrist right after and pulling me over to our teammates to celebrate the win.

"Learned from the best!" I yell over to him and his infamous smirk appears on his lips in an instant. "I was talking about our coach!" I smirk back at him playfully as his smirk turns into a playful glare. All I can do is laugh at his reaction and join in the group hug as the announcer announces our name as the winning group.

The school had ended and I was sitting by the edge of the pool, my feet in the cold water as I sway my head lightly to a rhythm in my head. Small hums escaped my lips as I stared at the water glistening from the lights around the edge of the pool. I had decided to stay a little while longer after school had ended because I was too tired to move around after the competition had ended. Hence, I decided to make the swimming pool my temporary home. I lean over towards the pool and gaze at the floor tiles moving with the water.

"Whacha doin'?" The sudden voice behind me ends up startling me a lot more than it should've and before I can gain my balance, I feel myself fall into the pool. I stay in the water from shock for a couple of seconds before finally surfacing to see Ayato stifling his laugh by covering his lips with his hand.

"You!" I point my finger towards him as I continue floating, not caring how rude it is, and look beneath me to see my uniform completely wet.

"It's not my fault you're a scaredy-cat." He chuckles as he crouches down to continue watching me with amusement shining in his eyes.

"Well, it is. How do you plan to pay me back for this?" He pretends to think over it and snaps his fingers.

"How about I reward you for your work today? In the competition." He asks and I nod hesitantly, assuming he was talking about dinner or something along those lines. With a smirk, he instantly jumps into the pool with me.

"Ayato!" Astonished by his decisions, I wait for him to come up to the surface but he stays inside, motioning me to come in with him. I sigh but take a deep breath before following him into the water. He smiles at me as I swim over to him and pulls me closer to him by grabbing onto my waist. I look at him in confusion as his smile slowly fades and melts into a much more serious expression as he looks down at my covered shoulder.

Without wasting another second, he pulls onto the fabric of my uniform and exposes my shoulder, bringing his face closer to the newly exposed skin right after. His arm around my waist tightens as he closes his eyes and caresses my shoulder with his lips, sliding them gently across my skin. Instinctively, my hands grab onto his uniform as he continues to work against my skin- gentle as ever. Finally, starting to lose my breath, I feel myself starting to squirm under pressure and Ayato seems to notice the situation. We both finally surface and all that can be heard throughout the hall are splashes of water and my gasp of air.

"A-Ayato!" I exclaim once I finally catch my breath and grasp onto him tightly, too shocked to swim on my own. Even he was breathing heavily, not from the lack of air, however, as he looks at me with half-lidded eyes. He bites his lower lip as his gaze shifts to my neck again, his grip on my waist tightening as he dips his head lower once again. He places his lips on the base of my neck and bites lightly on the skin, then rests his head on my chest.

"You were just so irresistible I couldn't help it." He whispers and snuggles his face into the crook of my neck.

"You could've just said it instead of being so extra." I chuckle and wrap my arms around his shoulders while he snickers in return.

"That would've been no fun." He answers back instantly while I roll my eyes.

"Right."