"Hi Faith. You're late." The director said in a sing song tone.

"I know. My bad. I had to workout, but I'm here now. Where do I go?" I've never been on an actual video shoot with any of the artists that I looked over, it wasn't my department, so I'm clueless as to what to do.

"Monica!" He called out. "Faith is here. Finally." He walked away. Okay sir. We get it. I'm late. Now let's move on.

"This way, Ms. Henderson." Monica said and I followed her to a dressing room. "They'll get you ready and I'll be back to get you."

"Is there somewhere I can shower? I'm kind of sweaty." I pointed out the obvious.

"Oh yeah. Right over there is your bathroom." She pointed.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Dave East is doing his shots now and I'll be back to get you in an hour." She said and rushed out.

Ugh I'm already stressed and this is my first official day as a full time artist. If that's how it works. About two weeks ago I decided to follow my dream of being a singer and I signed with the company that has molded me to the person I am today. Def Jam. I was nervous at first because I'm really going out on a limb. There's no guarantee that people will fuck with my music and I just quit the only thing that I've been good at for the past few years.

I always have my store, which is good, but having more income would be great. Yes I have Dave, but us women, well most of us, don't want to live off a man and I won't be doing that. I want to make my own and spend it how I want to.

Anyways before I knew it, it was time for me to go and do the last part of the video and I'm feeling really self conscious. I barely have clothes on. I mean I know I look good, but I'm feeling hella exposed right now. Only three men have seen me in this light, now the whole world is going to get a glimpse of me. It's apart of the context of the song though. I can't talk about sex in the song and sit in a coffee shop. There's no correlation. I'll be fine. You got this Faith.

I walked to the area where the bed was with my robe wrapped tightly around me. I looked around seeing if I saw Dave, but I didn't. I haven't seen him all day.

"I'm behind you, mama." He whispered in my ear and I jumped.

"Jesus. Boy." I lightly hit his side. "Don't do that. You bout scared me."

"My bad. I know you was lookin for a nigga though." He smirked down at me.

I put on a fake stank face and side eyed him. "Boy ain't nobody lookin for you." I rolled my eyes. We both know I'm lying.

"Okay Faith." He chuckled. I tried to hide the smile that was forming, but it didn't work. Being around him give me this school girl feeling and I used to hate it, but now...ugh I love this feeling. I really do. "You ready?"

"Uh yeah. I think so." I nodded still trying to hype myself up in my head.

"You'll be fine, babe. Imma be all over you anyways so ain't nobody gone see anything." He assured me. "What they got you in anyway?" He tried to peek in my robe.

"Move Dave. We still in public." I whispered.

"Oh yeah. I forgot." He whispered back and put a little distance between us. "But for real. Whatchu got on?"

"You'll see." I chuckled. I honestly don't know if he'll like it. Actually I know he's going to like it, but I'm not sure if he'll like the world liking it as well.

"Okay Faith. You can come over here." The director called out. I walked over and he instructed me to sit down on the bed. "Alright let me get that from you." He said gesturing towards my robe. I took it off and just sat there. I glanced up and saw Dave eyeing me. I can tell he's feeling some type of way. I don't know if he's feeling what I have on or if he likes it. I'm hoping he likes it. I'm sure he does, I have an issue with overthinking...