Chapter 1 - The Calm

"How?!"

Enji slammed his fist on the table, his red tourmaline eye flashing.

He'd started off hating that eye, the gem only serving to remind him of his failure to defeat the pirates known then as the League. However, he'd warmed up to it pretty fast, seeing it had plenty of magic and 'made people look at him twice'.

The outburst caused the various items on it to jump into the air. A dagger missed the edge of the wood and embedded itself in the floor about an inch from my foot.

"Father, calm down. You nearly impaled me. Also, Aizawa has more to say." My arm briefly left its crossed position to wave in the direction of the other captain in the room. The mask didn't slip, didn't show any hint of emotion, even when his mismatched eyes met mine.

"Thank you, Todoroki. As I was saying," The dark-haired man shot a glare at his fellow captain, causing him to snort. "Our sources say that the pirates have gotten a hold of Toshinori map-"

"The map of Toshinori?! It's real!" Midoriya squealed, jumping on the balls of his feet. The sunlight from the window hit his face, revealing the thin bandana that I'd given him about a year ago in a futile attempt to keep his green curls in check. I had never seen him not wearing it.

He started to mumble on about how Toshinori hid the map so well, it couldn't possibly be found. His head dipped behind the tall standing collar of his shirt, his emerald eyes fixed on the floor.

I would never admit it, but he was sort of... cute whenever he did that. Or when he angled his head just right, and the sun managed to catch not only his eyes, but his golden earring and ivy-coloured crystal that could be seen around his neck at all times, and the entire world seemed to get a little more colourful.

Aizawa tore me from my thoughts, sighing loudly. Midoriya stopped instantly, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry, Captain Aizawa." The taller man just sighed again, waving it off.

"Anyway, we have reason to believe that the pirate ship the Red Riot is the one in possession of the map currently."

For once, the room was silent.

The Red Riot, Katsuki Bakugo, with Toshinori's map?

That could only spell disaster.

"That is why we need every single boat on the water." He jabbed a finger at the map before him, dragging it along the parchment in time with his words. With the other hand, he rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"Enji, take the Endeavour and go up the coast. If you don't find it, circle around to Yuuei, and finally back here." Enji nodded, puffing his chest slightly at the fact he got to handle such a big area.

"I'll take the All Might and go around the reefs, stopping at all the ports around there. If they aren't there, we'll go out into the deep blue, rendezvous at Yuuei. Is everyone sure of what they're doing?"

The room echoed with our chorus of "Yes, SIR!", and then our footsteps as we all ran to the docks. I was the last one out, deciding to save my energy for when we were actually on the ship. That was a mistake.

"Shouto! I need to talk to you." I debated just walking on, but I knew he would find me one way or another. Sighing, I turned to face my father, ensuring that the mask was still firmly in place.

"What is it, father?" Father. How I hated that word, this man. I loved sailing, ever since I was young, but if it wasn't for two things I would leave the navy. One of them being the fact that my mother was a pirate, and the other, well, the other...

"Shouto, I want you to be my first mate on this mission." My hands dropped from where they were fiddling with the two crystals on my necklace. Always straight to the point. No, 'How are you Shouto?' or 'How is my wife?'. He was never not talking about Toshinori, and how he wanted me to take over his position as captain.

"Don't be ridiculous father. You already have a first mate." Jerking my head in the direction of the silhouette now visible walking towards us, I sighed inwardly. Hawks was... weird.

No one knew his real name, and even he preferred to go by Hawks, saying the name suited him better. I agreed, seeing how much time he spent in the crow's nest, and how many brightly coloured feathers he had managed to weave into his hair or clothing.

He had miraculously wormed his way into Enji's good books over the last few months, and no one had any idea how. Rumours ran wild, everything from he had bribed him to he was good in bed. Personally, I had a bet with Tenya for ten gold that Enji was only being friendly with him because he knew how much I hated him.

And to top it all off, he had seven crystals, and instead of keeping them on the standard-issue necklace like any other sane person, he opted to hang them from his ears. If I didn't know better, I would have said he was a pirate.

As he came into the brighter lantern light, he slung an exposed arm around Enji's shoulders, showing his teeth as he grinned at me. Enji didn't react at all, not even to grunt like he usually did.

"You heard him, kiddo. Besides, I'll make a better quartermaster, don't you think?"

I did not think, but at least he wouldn't have as much power as he did now. Hawks eyed me indignantly.

"You think I wouldn't?" This was a trap. I was so foolish. He was my superior officer, and I'd let Enji put me in such a position that the only way out was to kiss the asses of the two most hated men in my life. Without missing a beat, I replied.

"Of course not, sir. You are a great first mate, and I'm sure you'll do just as well in any other position." It was a wary response, one crafted with the utmost care and delivered with so much sarcasm it sounded genuine. I knew that was the only way it would.

His thickly lined eyes narrowed, mirroring Enji's flaming blue. Turning on my heel, I muttered something about having a good day and began the long trek to the docks. Knowing they were watching, my back kept impossibly straight, my pace stayed even. No emotion. No feeling. Just the hidden rage that grew impossibly bigger every second I was here.

Hunting down a legend and a myth, on a boat specifically made for his father, with literally no escape from 'Captain Enji' and the brat that was possibly his lover?

This was going to be hell. 

A/N 

Hey everyone! As promised, here is the pirate AU fic! I'm really excited to write this, you have no idea! 

Shoutout to everyone who came from my last fic, Rules of the Street!!