forty-five

TWO YEARS LATER

Luke wrote to her everyday for the a year but she never wrote back so he stopped. Every single day, he was filled with more and more misery and regret. Why didn't he go after her? Why didn't he fly to Germany when he had the chance? Why didn't he use the money he got from touring to go visit her? Why?

Two years of emptiness made Luke turn to alcohol and drugs, despite his parent's, friends, fan's protests, he never gave in. Everyday he got worst, every day he wondered why Elizabeth hadn't written back, everyday he questioned if she was still alive.

☆。.:*°

In those two years, Rose had found someone that she fell in love with instantly and he went with the name of David, they were together for a year and half when David finally popped the question and Marcus was delighted for her, as an ex-husband you would think he would be mad but he was supportive and couldn't be happier that Rose had found someone new just like Marcus did, they never got to meet his wife until a few months ago and she was lovely and went by the name of Sophia. In that moment, Rose knew Sophia was perfect for him.

"You look beautiful Elizabeth." Rose gushed over her daughter who was nervous as hell to be a bridesmaid and that was only because he was going to see the love of her life again, despite all the arguing and shouting that Rose and Elizabeth had for the past few weeks, Rose was determined to invite the four boys who were once important in her life and still are, Elizabeth tried her best to argue with what could go wrong but lost in the end when she was told it wasn't her wedding, it was her mum's.

"Thanks, but look at you!" Elizabeth pointed to Rose who was dressed beautifully in a white gown that flowed just underneath her feet but short enough that she wouldn't trip over and fall right in the face. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you darling," Rose gave her a tight hug, "I know you're still upset and nervous that the boys are coming but they're going to have to forgive you someday. When I talked to them the other day, they said they weren't mad but I never told them you were still alive and well."

Elizabeth swallowed the lump in her throat, this was going to be worst than she thought. First, she was going to walk down the aisle as a bridesmaid where everyone will see her including the four boys. Second, for the dinner the boys are bound to confront her and start yelling at her. Third, Luke will be a mess. Fourth, just Luke in general and Elizabeth wasn't ready.

"They're not going to forgive me, they wouldn't even talk to me anymore. I haven't spoken to any of them for two years, mum. Not two weeks, two fucking years! When I first told them about my tumor they were so pissed off that I kept it from them for two weeks, this is two years! Hell, I wouldn't forgive myself." Elizabeth whispered, trying her best not to break.

"Calm down, you're going to get a panic attack." Rose said, stroking her back in circles. Rose only told one person that she was alive and that was Calum. Calum was angry at first but came to the realization that he would've done the same to his friends, he wouldn't want them to know he was still alive because if he wasn't then what would happen? He would've wanted them to move on and that was was Calum exactly did.

"I'm sorry, I don't know if I can do this." She whispered, a tear rolling down her face.

"You can, I believe in you. You don't have to look at him at all. You can leave straight after we exchange our vows, Elizabeth you will be fine." Rose tried to calm her down, to the fact that Rose said that, Elizabeth felt like a horrible daughter and she was willing to try.