twenty-one

Panic started flowing through me and I could feel the lump build in my throat. Why did I ever decide to do this?

"Are you alright?" He asked, snapping me out of thoughts.

"Psfht," I scoffed playfully - or tried to. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

He nodded slowly before opening his mouth to speak again. "Are you sure?"

"Of-yeah, bye!" I squeaked before stepping around him and making a run for the door, unfortunately he had longer legs than I did and his strides overtook mine as he stopped right infront of me, making me bump my forehead directly on his sharp jaw.

"Ow," I whined, rubbing my forehead. "What the hell?"

"My jaw," He groaned. "It's going to bruise. You have a really solid forehead you know that?"

"Maybe if your jaw wasn't so sharp, it wouldn't." I rolled my eyes, my tone sounding harsher than it was supposed to be.

"Well I'm sorry I have a naturally sharp jaw. Normally it's meant to be flattering but your brick-ass forehead bumped into it." Luke joked, moving his mouth into different expressions, I couldn't help myself from trying not to laugh.

"What?" He pouted at my laughing.

"You look like the mom from Conjuring." I laughed harder at his puzzled expressions.

"That's not even funny," He huffed. "The Conjuring was scary and my jaw is going to bruise."

"Sorry, Hemmings."

"Nah its fine," He smiled. There was an awkward minute of silence before he spoke up again. "Was that All Time Low you were just playing?"

I wanted to say yes but there was a lump in my throat stopping me so instead I just nodded.

"Nice nice," He pursed his lips. "Didn't know you liked that kind of stuff. Thought you might like your typical boybands."

I tried to say something again, but nothing came out. I cleared my throat and just shrugged my shoulders.

"Cat got your tongue?" He asked, laughing at me. My cheeks felt pink and I cleared my throat once more to get rid of all the flam blocking my throat.

"Psfht, if anything, I hate cats." I scoffed, playfully. He gasped and glared at me.

"You. Hate. Cats?!" He asked, placing a hand on his heart, rolling his eyes. "I'm going to let it slide just for the fact that you like All Time Low."

"Um y-yeah." I said, stuttering before realising it was best to just leave. "I should go, um yeah, bye."

"Wait no, don't leave." He sighed. "What were you doing here in the first place?"

"Your friends sent me up to go find you. Apparently you weren't feeling 'it.' I quoted, shrugging.

"Yeah, they told me you were joining them for lunch so I thought it was best to stay away for now, especially because of what happened and I'm pretty sure you know why."

"Why?" I taunted.

"You know why." He said.

"Oh really, why don't you do the honours of informing me again, I might've forgotten." I smirked