2. Betrayed/Cheated

Welcome back to the round table of the gods of writing. I see that your previous story was an absolute success. The levels of which only EA would be proud to achieve.

But why are you here again? Ah! I see. You have taken a liking to granting your main character the victim card, but you can't do another Neglected story?

Hmm, guess not every reader of yours settles for blandness and mediocri- I mean greatness. They want something better? The you've come to the perfect place.

Step into the garden of Betrayed and Cheated main characters.

First thing you should do is AVOID any sort of built-up to the relationship that will break apart, be it romantic or not. I mean, who cares why the 2 characters interact the way they do in the first place? Why bother to give the illusion that everything works fine to the audience and then cleverly and gradually foreshadow the plot twist?

It's all useless, considering you spoil in the title what the main focus of the story it will be. I assure you EVERYONE likes to start reading a good book when they already know the main point of it.

Now, I hear you ask about HOW should the reveal take place. Simple. Make the MC stumble across it by pure chance right at that specific point and never before else because the other party became stupid for a few minutes.

Don't waste your time with dropping hints about a sudden increase in distance between the characters that would make the MC have doubts and make the audience intrigued. Just spray it all over like in a soap opera, with the other party suddenly regretting what they did as well as forgetting the reason they betrayed the MC in the first place.

Why? Because we all know: REASONS do NOT matter.

While you're at it, make someone close to both parties KNOW about this betrayel beforehand, but hides it for-no one cares why, ok? However, we have to show the MC can be caring and forgives this 3rd person out of the blue. Hell, make them part of the harem and the replacement for the betrayer.

I mean, how many times has Ruby replaced Weiss, Yang or Blake? Exactly, none. Which makes your idea totally original.

Ohh? Who's the one that the betrayer replaced the mc with?

Hmm...well, you could make a character that has some sort of dark rivalry with the mc which will explain why he would take this approach...nah. This requires actual thinking and work.

Take the guy who's the least likely to be a homewrecker and make him do a 180, just like I taught you last time, or the one asshole in the show that somehow the cheater came to love.

It makes total sense for Sun to steal Blake, for Yang or Pyrrha to fuck Cardin or Weiss to take on Neptune because NONE of the these characters showed traits of being trust worthy in the show. None.

Finally, we're getting to the reaction of the MC. You should always make him break down into tears and become depressed at the flip of a coin, because depression comes and goes like the wind.

Don't worry, it's not like you described the character as this edgy guy who would take shit from no one in your pursuit for bringing in the OP male reader...Oh. you did.

Well... we'll get there some other time.

Back to the matter at hand, make him turn from this good, loving and STRONG person... To a 12 year old like those who'll make comments about death treats since reality and fiction are the same thing. One exception tho, make the MC think about threatening himself, by suddenly commiting suicide or attempting it, but NOT succed...Cause he gotta get that harem at the end.

From here your job is practically done.

You can choose the same endings I presented to you last time.

1. Become the psycho and kill the cheater and the other guy, but NOT the person who hid it from you because... Well, Who else is going to be the new love interest? It's not like you made him interact and learn to trust people again despite the psychological trauma that would cause paranoia and trust issues. No need. And no one will care that he's now a murderer because feelings overcome the law.

2. Make him forget everything despite how bad he's been hurt, but still hurt the guy who she cheated on with because forgiveness only goes to those in the harem. Of course the cheater will come back no questions asked and without fearing that the MC might have something planned for her, because why would he? It's not like she betrayed his feelings or something.

Also, remember to avoid having the protagonist talk about his problems with family members or very close friends that were not involved in this fiasco, because we need to related to the depressed wannabes in the comments who like edge and think depression means wanting to cut yourself at any point in time. I mean, movies never lie, right?

Perfect solution? Make the parents be abusers by following the last guide I made, for double the chances of success and DON'T forget to mention that in the title, despite overloading it with spoilers.

Or make them dead and have the new Batman as your protagonist except more unlikeable and crazy.

And there you have it, another perfect  unused formula for a masterpiece the likes the mortal world has never seen.

Stick around for more useful tips from yours truly, who's honored to be able to give knowledge to the gods of Words that stand above...who ironically know far too less about what they're trying to accomplish...

To be continued...