l

published: 2021.07.25 // edited: 2021.10.03

elsewhere

after baby mira cried for being squished and haknyeon apologized for five minutes straight, sangyeon, the oldest, had to take over the grill because chanhee kept running away from the fire

hayeon and haknyeon were sitting side by side on the edge of the pool talking about their current lives, their past, and all that shit.

the female was laughing at a joke her twin had made, "please come back." she heard him mutter, though it was muffled and distant, and it took her some seconds to process the words and their meaning.

"huh?" she turned to him, still giggling. "hm?" haknyeon smiled at her with a small confused scrunch of his face, as if he was asking what was bothering her. she swore he had spoken to her, maybe it was her imagination playing tricks on her?

"...nothing." she turned back her focus to the glistening pool under the warm sun rays. "we miss you." this time, it wasn't him. it was someone else, someone in pain and even more distant, but she could hear it loud and clear.

goosebumps covered her arms at the familiarity of the tune. she snapped her head towards him, but he was in mid-yawn, his arms stretching high.

"let's go with the rest." he stood up and held a hand out to his dear sister. "hurry, i don't want to eat their crumbs."