Chapter 5

I was such an analytical person, with the mob in front of me all I could think of was: "Wow...all these girls are spies?" How else could they have entered this secret floor? I gave myself a mental slap, what was my plan A? My eyes strolled across to Blake. I suggested to him, "Be the gentleman, will you and get me through this mob." His eyes twinkled knowingly. Was he used to this? He better come up with something soon.

Cries of the following I barely made out:

"Blake, can I get your autograph?"

"Are you married?"

"Do you have a twin?"

         And so on, I'm simply describing the picture, you wouldn't want to be there to see it. Then, the girl whom most people would call a b-i-t-c-h, pushed herself forward. My wanting to laugh out loud at this incredibly bold girl, came out as a frown. She stated, "Hone, I'm free tonight. My room is 1200, everyone knows where I stay." She fluttered her eyelashes while at it. Gasps of opposition followed.

"NO, he's mine!"

"I called him first."

"I found out he was coming here first!"

        I was fully entertained but logic got better of my amusement. While they were fighting, I scurried to Mr. Rehum's office. Blake was saying something to them and chuckled when he saw me looking at him. I made something akin to a scowl. Wouldn't he hurry up already? I am glad to say someone under my supervision made it alive to the office although in this case it was a stupid reason to feel proud of myself, I did nevertheless. I always seemed to apply my spy skills to some aspect of everyday life.

        Blake closed the door behind us. Mr. Rehum sent a message to his secretary. Soon, outside was silent. I raised an eyebrow at my boss. He smiled briefly. "I told Helen to make an announcement. If those ladies didn't return to their business at once, they'd lose half their pay for the rest of the month." Blake laughed lightly. I waited for the first thought to come to my mind. My reaction...nothing.

I didn't feel the need to smile. The sound of his laughter was not music to my ears. Knowing that made me sullen. So far I'd only been comparing him to what I expected of my Blake. I sighed...Blake inquired, "Helen?"

"The secretary on the first floor you spoke too," explained my boss.

        I was surprised at two things: that Blake hadn't found out her name, when he spoke to her and it was evident that my boss had been spying on Blake. I don't know which one amazed me more that my assumption of Blake being a player was once disproven or that my boss actually checked upon the security camera when he had a whole security committee for that sort of thing. Or Blake could probably find that the secretary wasn't hot enough.

My boss rose and extended his hand. "Welcome Agent Jon-."

Blake cut him off. "Blake. Agent Blake."

       He then extended his hand and some silent message went between them. I sensed that Blake had somehow threatened my boss by how hard he had gripped my boss's hand. When he released him, I saw Mr. Rehum's hand red. I averted my eyes and pretended not to notice. They acted cool with each other while discussing but I could tell there was tension between them.

       I've never known my boss to be belittled by anything or afraid, something was up. Blake then left and winked at me. I was annoyed and shoved him out the door but he stalled long enough to kiss my hand. I commented. "Keep yourself together and try not to get too aroused around the room one thousand and too hundred." I had a weird habit of calling out numbers the long way instead of saying one two zero zero. Maybe it was because I loved Math.