Chapter Seventeen

"This is why I didn't kill him," I prove, crossing my arms.

"I forgot Muggle's love to glue themselves to these boxes..."

The Wizards and Witches working the equipment are some of the best from their years in Muggle Studies, so I trust them with this broadcast. 

"Step back." Tom comands. Everyone rushes to get out of the way, not wanting to get hit with his Imperious curse. "Are you going to talk, or am I going to have to make you?"

The minister shakes his head 'no'. 

"Wrong answer," With a swish of Tom's wand, the Minister's eyes gloss over. 

"My lords, the broadcast is ready when you are," One of the camera men say. Tom looks to me, and I give him a thumbs up. 

"Three...Two..." The head of the operation points to the Minister, and he begins to speak;

"Ladies and gentlemen...I am sorry to say that I am stepping down as the English Prime Minister. I am unable to fit the shoes of such an important position. Through thorough planning, and a lot of thought. I have decided to put the leaders of the Wizarding World in charge of the Prime Minister duties, seeing that they are the only two fit to lead." He stands up suddenly, placing his hands on the desk in front of him. "Now, may I introduce to you, Lord Voldemort and Lord Potter."

The camera man behind the second camera gives us a thumbs up, and points to us. "Hello Muggle World," Tom purrs, twirling his wand in his left hand. "And thank you Prime Minister for introducing us in such a kind manner...Now, there are going to be a few...changes while me and Lord Potter take full control here in office,"

"First...uh, new laws will be put into effect immeditaly." I glance over to Tom, not really enjoying the attention of the camera. "Auror's will be sent to all home's and schools of which have children under wizarding age to have them tested for magical properties to see if they're eligible for a special school,"

Tom smiles, the second camera turning off, and all the attention going back to the Muggle Minister. "If you have any further questions or comments, please use your telephone to call the ministers office, hours posted below, or send your letters here. We will try to read and get to you all when we have the time. Thank you, and goodbye."

The red light blinks off, and the Witches and Wizards in the room clap, giving us praise. "That was wonderful!" "The muggle's will be shaking!" "Great job, my Lords!"

"Thank you, thank you! But we must get going," Tom grabs my hand, apperating quickly out  of the office. We land in the study of Lucius Malfoy, who seems to have been waiting for us. 

"My lords," He bows, creating two chairs for us to sit in.

"Malfoy," Tom hisses, gripping the chair with a white hand. The elder Malfoy looks confused, but  shoot him a look that could kill. He quickly leaves the room, shutting the door quietly behind himself. 

"Tom?" I step towards him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He jumps back, falling to the ground, clearly in pain.

"Tom?..!" 

"I....I...I don't- it hurts, Harry...." He stammers, his sobs echoing throughout the room. I quickly put a silencing ward up, to make sure attention isn't drawn to the room. I know Tom hates being seen as weak. 

"It...It hurts, Harry," He stammers, sobs raking his body.

"Tom, what hurts? You have to tell me," 

"N-no....leave, I don't wish to see you,"

"Tom-"

"I SAID LEAVE AT ONCE!" He swipes his hand, and I'm thrown off my feet. I quickly get up, rushing out of the room, the door slamming behind me. I'm shocked. I don't know what came over him. 

I don't know where my feet are taking me, but I can't think. I don't think I've ever seen him act like this. What could be wrong with him?

Suddenly, I'm outside Draco's room, and I open the door without knocking. 

"Yes, of course, you can come in!" Draco yells from his desk in the corner. 

I open the door, entering the room. "Well, Hello...Malfoy,"

"Something's wrong with your Lord."

I explain what happened to Tom, and how he was acting. Thankfully, Draco was listening to everything I was saying, even though I know it wasn't making any sense half the time. I was just too worried about Tom...

"So, I'm not sure what I should really say...but, maybe you should try and talk to him? Harry, as much as I enjoy your company, I'm not sure how to exactly help....but we have been in here awhile, so maybe he's calmed down a bit?

"Potter, have you ever experienced a panic attack?" I nod, remembering the countless sleepless nights. "Okay, just go to him...It all should just unravel itself,"

I thank Draco, sort of annoyed that Draco couldn't help more than just that. But he did have a point. I make it to the study door, and open it. "Tom?"

"What?" Tom spits, hiding his face behind the book he was reading. I walk over to the bench he was sitting in, and take the book out of his hands. 

"Tom Marvello Riddle-"

"Don't ever speak that name!" He growls, standing to his full height. 

"What's wrong with you? I thought you would've been happy about all we've accomplished today!" 

"I don't have to answer that."

"That's true, you don't, but you will. Tell me, what's wrong!" I yell, matching his energy. 

He looks down into my eyes. Red eyes looking at green ones. His eyes softening for just a moment, before becoming hard again. "Go. Away."

"No, let me help you-" He pushes me out of the way, trying to get to the door. I grab his hand, turning him around. I grab his face, kissing him deeply. He grabs my hands, pushing back. He takes control, forcing me up against the wall. He breaks the kiss, breathing heavily. 

"Do you love me?"

"W-what?"

"Do you love me?!" He grabs my shoulders, nails carving into my skin. I groan, not sure if I should be scared or...you know.

"Don't be stupid," I laugh, losing it for a second. Is this what it's all about?

"I heard that...and...yes-"

"I don't want anyone else but you, Lord Voldemort...you're stuck with me forever...or until our Horcrux's are found and destroyed," I laugh, and I swear I saw a smile form on his face for just a second. 

He leans in to kiss me again, this time softer. 

"I'm sorry...I'm not sure what's gotten over me..." He fiddle's with something in his pocket, and I raise my eyebrow at him. 

He sighs, pulling out a small, black box. "You've heard the stories about me not being able to love because I'm the product of a love potion....I thought I could never love...I was only put on this earth to murder and take control, but then you came along a ruined everything-"

"Tom, are you serious-"

"I'm not finished." I blink a few times, looking at him, waiting for him to continue. "Harry...would you...you make me happy every single day, even when you're annoying me with all your stupid questions, and honestly sometimes I have no idea why I love you, but I do. And I don't want to change it. So please, make me happy for the rest of our days, and marry me?" He gets down on his knee, holding the ring up to me. His face is completely red, and honestly, if I was about to start crying, I would be laughing at his expression. 

I look at his shaking hand, and give him a huge, lopsided grin, leaning down to give him another kiss. 

He stands up, putting the ring on my finger. 

**********

Word Count: 1284