Chapter Eight

"Lavender Brown?" I repeat, trying so hard to not laugh at him. He seems really happy, and I don't really want to ruin his life. Not yet, at least. 

"Yeah!" I snort, pushing past him. 

"She's definitely.. definitely something," I go to my bed to read the chapter of the transfiguration book Tom was talking about before. However, I can't concentrate with him jumping around the dorm. This is the first time he's ever gotten with someone, I remember the feeling all too well. Me and Cho, I was so excited. It didn't turn out well, though. "I'm going down to the lake,"

"But it's past curfew?" He stops, looking at me like I'm sideways. "Are you going on, like...a mission?! Can I come?!!"

"No." 

"What do you mean, 'no'?" He gasps, obviously not used to me saying the word.

"Can I not just do one thing by myself without you on my arse?" I snap, starring daggers into his soul. 

"You know, you changed over the summer, Harry," He sighs, sitting on his bed. "You're stuck up and pretentious- just like Malf-"

"Don't you say one more thing about him," I pull my wand out, aim straight at his heart. "I swear, I'll kill you right now," I walk over to him, dropping my voice that only he could hear. "I did change over the summer....in ways you can only imagine. The wizarding world will learn that we are superior....and I'll do anything you make that happen,"

No One's POV

"Mate...what are you on about," Ron chuckles. Harry's eyes flash killing curse green as he shoves his wand into an open space on the red head's neck.

"Why did I ever think you were actually useful," Harry scoffs, pushing Ron on the floor. "You're weak, and can't do anything without me. You are always doing everything I'm doing, and I can't take it anymore!" Harry swipes his hand, causing the lights to go out. 

"H-Harry....what's wrong...is...is this him?" Ron scurries like a rat to the corner of the room. "You're really scaring me,"

"Oh, is that true?" Harry sneers. He picked up a few things from spending the summer with Tom, and the Malfoy's. "Are you scared? That's normal, you're always scared,"

"Harry-"

"Just shut up for once, you blood traitor!" Harry screams, his magic flaring up around the two boys. "Malfoy is right about you...you're pathetic."

Harry starts for the door, leaving Ron to cower on the floor. Before Harry can leave, though, Ron pipes up, voice shaking.

"I'm going to tell Dumbledore! You're mad, something happened to you that you aren't telling us," His voice is full of emotion, tears falling down his face. His best friend, or so he thought was his best friend, had just threatened to kill him, and called him a blood traitor. "You're...you're mad,"

"Nobody will believe you." Is the last thing Harry said to Ron, before slamming the door behind him. 

Harry's POV

I run down to the lake, the place I agreed to meet Tom. My heart is beating fast, not just because of the running, but because I just had to loose control. 

When I finally reach the water, I find Tom standing near the tree, looking out at the water.

"Harry," He says, turning around. My heart drops, hearing the tone he's using. "What did you say to the Weasley boy?"

"Nobody's going to believe him," I mutter, crossing my arms. It happens in a flash. Tom has me pinned up against the tree, the wind completely knocked out of me. 

"Harry," He growls into my ear. I shiver. "You need to learn to control your anger....You could've killed him,"

"But I didn't,"

"You almost messed up everything we worked for, everything you worked for," Tom sighs, letting me drop to my feet. "See, you're already a very powerful wizard, some would say greater than me," I let out a dry laugh, which makes Tom give my a death glare. 

"However, with horcrux's it causes your magic to become more...non controlled, shall I say. You might not of used the killing curse on the Weasley boy, but your emotions where so strong, a stray part of your magic could've killed him, and that wouldn't be very good at this stage in our plan,"

"What was I going to do?" I say, rubbing my temple. "He was talking about Draco!"

He sighs, obviously angry at my out burst. He turns towards me, grabbing my face, his eyes flashing red. "Now you're going to listen to me; you're going to go back into the dorm, wipe his memory clean of it ever happening, and sit in bed for the rest of the night until it's time to leave for Zambini Manor,"

"Don't Imperio me!"  I gasp, the feeling from my limps slowly leaving. 

"Hush," He grabs my invisibility cloak, and puts it on. "I'm going to be following you, to make sure you don't break it,"

My feet start moving, and I can't help but feel defeated. I can't believe I almost ruined everything. I know Tom didn't really care that Ron found out that he was alive, but that I was supposedly working with him. 

Rounding the corner that leads to the portrait hole, I see Ron coming from the opposite end of the hallway. 

"Ron!" I whisper yell once we get close enough. "Ron!" 

"Harry?" He jumps a bit. "What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?" 

"I was talking to Dumbledore, you really scared me back there,"

"Oh," We go into the common room, and make our way up the stairs to our dorm. "Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened,"

"Yeah...I told Dumbledore you weren't exactly...well, you," He chuckles. I fake a laugh with him. Before we can reach the dorm, however, Tom pushes him into the bathroom, locking the door behind us. 

The fogginess of the imperious curse leaving as I fight through the curse. "Look, before I wipe you memory, I just wanted to say you're annoying, and if you speak about Draco in bad light ever again I won't hesitate to kill you," I growl, aiming my wand at Ron's head.

"W-what?"

"Obliviate,"

***************

Finally, the time for us to leave has come. Everyone knows that I'm going to Blaise's house for the holiday, but in reality I'm going to Malfoy Manor. I've been pretty anxious, seeing that Ron had time to go tell Dumbledore before I could wipe his memory, and that Tom asked if I wanted a mark.

My entire life, even in the wizarding world, I've been told time and time again that me and Voldemort are equals, seeing that a piece of his soul lives in my scar. And if I were to get the dark mark, like the rest of his followers, where does that put me? I thought we were equals...It' doesn't seem fair.

I get a compartment to myself, locking the door so no one else can come in. "You can take the cloak off,"

Tom's head is the first to emerge from the cloak, as he allows it to fall from his shoulders. 

"I don't want the dark mark," I sigh, bringing my knees to my chest as I sat down. 

"What? Why would you be getting the dark mark?" There's a moment of silence. "Oh...that," Tom giggles. 

I look at him as though he has four heads. Tom never giggles. It was a very strange sound, to be honest with you. "You aren't getting the mark that everyone else gets, this one is more...intimate," His voice gets dangerously low, and my stomach knots. "Now...sleep my little snake, you didn't get any sleep last night,"

As I lay my head in his lap, Tom's fingers playing with my hair, suddenly something hits me. Whoever said Voldemort had no soul, or couldn't feel emotions....I think he had to wait for the right person to come along.

**********

Word Count: 1292