True Love Unexpectedly Finds It's Way

By the time Harker got up and left his bedroom he thought everyone else was sleeping.
When he woke up it was 11 AM. Instead of waking everyone up, he went straight into the kitchen.
He didn't expect to see Larson sitting at the island reading the newspaper

in the kitchen,
" I was going to make everyone lunch before we leave.", He said walking over to the fridge, but before he opened it, Larson spoke.
"Sounds great", He announced, as he closed the paper up. "I'm hungry, but they aren't here.", He said as he folded it up, and sat it on the countertop.
Harker looked at Larson quizzically , turned away from the fridge, and looked at Larson .
"They woke up at one a m and woke me up. They wanted to go home so I took them.
"Was I that bad of a host?", He inquired,
"No. She wanted to get home and check on the dogs.", Larson assured him.

"Oh no. I scared her last night. ", He said worried. "When I turned her around to face me while we were dancing. I saw the look in her eyes, when she realized that i figured out who she was. Damn it!", He chastised himself.
"Yeah you did, but you would have figured it out sooner or later and she would have realized that you know." However, Rachel really wanted to get back home to the dogs." , He reassured Harker. "Both of them told me to tell you they had a nice time. She said said she will see you on Monday morning. "

"Oh ok." He said sounding happy but some what disappointed.
When he arrived home that evening, he found Cassidy sitting in the livingroom. She watched, as he marched right passed her, without saying anything.
"Harker.", She shouted. However, he ignored her , and instead headed to the study.
He opened the doors, walked in and over to the back of the desk, and put the small jewelry box back in the drawer, and then closed it .Since she didnt bother to get up from the couch, she couldn't see what he had put back in the drawer.
However, he quickly changed his mind, and took the box back out, and walked out of the study, and into the livingroom.
When he reached the livingroom, he stood in front of her for a minute, and then got down on his right knee and opened the box and held it up so she saw it.
She was so stunned, she didn't know what to say. She had purposely came that evening, to explain something, but she was unexpectedly taken aback by his proposal.
As he waited for her response, he began to get nervous.
After what seemed like forever, she closed her eyes, and drew a heavy sigh. When she opend them, she told him to close the box, and stand up.
When he returned to his feet, and stood in front of her she spoke.
"It's time to stop this charade", she told him. "I don't love you. I've been using you all of these years. " She confessed, regretfully.
Although he had been told by everyone else, hearing her say it sliced right through him like a knife.
After he stood up, he remained in front of her, mindlessly, clutching the ring box.
"I've been seeing someone else . She admitted " I think that he is the right one for me."
without a word, he put the box on the coffee table in front of the couch and then sat down beside her. Even though he was hurt, he took her hand gently,
turned to face her, and looked into her eyes.
She was sure he would be angry with her, as he had the right to be, so she turned away.
"Who is it?", He asked softly. "Is he younger then me? Does he have more money?", He asked, just out of curiosity
"He is my age. So yes he is younger., She admitted. "As for more money, no. He probably has way less "
"Then why?"
"I think I'm in love with him.", She said thoughtfully, affirming her feelings.
He knew there had been no way that she would be lying. Even as blind as his love had been for her, he could see the feelings she had for this man

After a moment, she turned to him, but hesitated for a bit until she returned his gaze , and knew he was not mad after all.
Despite being hurt and betrayed, he found himself feeling  happy for her.
"I wanted to say  im sorry for everything I've ever done.,", She Lowered her voice, and head in embarrassment .
"Its ok .", He assured her
"I've got to get going.", she said, pulling her hand away from his.
He nodded.
  she looked down at him and then said..
"There is someone, waiting out there for you." She affirmed. "I hope that you find her." , she said sincerely, then left.
He remained sitting, but he sank into the back into  the couch. He found it amazing it was  able to remain calm, much less how happy he had been for her. However, he was so disappointed how everyone around him knew that she was using him, and how naive he had been. He really did wonder after a few girlfriends if there really was anyone out there for him
While Rachel was cleaning up the kitchen, after she and Ashton ate, the phone rang.
When she answered it, it was Lilly.
"You will never guess what I saw this afternoon ." , She squiled with delight.
"What did you see?" Rachel asked smiling curiously.
"I have a question for you first. "
"Ok?" She inquired.
" Has your boyfriend mentioned anything about seeing you tonight? She aaked.
"Yes.", Rachel replied matter of factly.
"He said that there was something we needed to talk about "
"Is Ash going to be home tonght?"
"No. Garson said that he Ash didn't need to be here, so he's staying with a friend tonght.
"Perfect!"
"Alright tell me what you know ", Rachel said impatiently.
"I was downtown this afternoon and I saw him walk into a jewelry store , so I peaked through the window.!"
"And?"
"He bought an engagement ring!" She gushed, not being able to contain her excitement.
Rachel was so stunned, that she didnt didn't know what to say.
"Rachel !", Her sister shouted, concerned, that her sister had passed out from shock.
"I'm here.", She told her sister, once she calmed down. "Are you sure it was him?", She asked in disbelief.
"Yes.", She confirmed in an exhalation.
"Did he see you?", she inquired, worried.
"No. I left before he turned around and walked out of the store.
"Ok then. ", she said and then hung up the phone,
Although she was happy, she still couldn't
quite believe that he had changed his mind, and for that matter what had happened that he changed it. At about six thirty, Ashton's friend's parents picked him up.  When he was gone, she ran up stairs, and sifted through her closet. She chose a red crepe spaghetti strapped cocktail length dress.
Just as she finished applying her lip stick, the front door opened. Rachel got up from the chair infront of the vanity table, and walked down the steps.
He stood just inside the door, as he waited for her to come down. She held her breath, as she looked up at him.
When their eyes met, he smiled at her . He was taken aback by how beautiful she looked in her dress, which made it even harder for him to tell her what he needed to.
"Let's go into the livingroom " He suggested.
She nodded, and went in ahead oh him
When they reached the livingroom, she sat on the sofa, and he sat beside her.
Before he spoke, he took her left hand, and held it. However, instead of looking into her eyes, he bowed his head
"I know that you are aware that I've been seeing someone ",