"You Can't Fire Me I Quit"

There was so much bad commotion that Harker needed some relief, and time away from his career and paparazzi , he decided that what he needed was to get away from Hollywood for awhile, so at one forty five p.m. on Friday May 13th, a disguised Harker Harquin left his home, wearing a tan trench coat, dark sunglasses, and a brown fedora , drove himself, from Hollywood California to santa Monica. At two forty five PM Rachel was sitting in the lunchroom when the new manager walked in and approached her
"I need you at the front desk in about fifteen minutes. ", He ordered , trying to sound calm.
Instead of answering him, she looked at him quizzically.
"I know that you perfer not to check in people. However " He paused a moment trying to figure out what to say without sounding anxious.
"
"We have a very important guest checking in at three o'clock, and I don't think the new girl can handle the situation without ..", He stopped again , as he struggled for the right words, without lashing out at her . " I am sure you have heard of Harker Harquin?" he asked raising his eyebrows, while he waited for her to respond.
She did. She had seen some of his movies and she knew about his reputation. However, she didn't have an opinion one way or the other concerning him. She wasn't about to tell him that she had been taking his luggage and escorting him to his suite once before
She nodded.
"Miss Walters is an expert at her job.", he said matter of factly. "However, she does not care for Mr Harquin nor his acting abilities, or his reputation. . She is very opinionated, and very outspoken, and I believe that if she checks him in, she will be quite ..", He stopped and fumbled to say.. "Nasty toward him "
Although Rachel did not care to check guests in, she felt inclined to agree with her boss about colleen.
She had only been there a few months. She was very beautiful. Her long wavy red hair cascaded flawlessly down past her small shoulders. She was very petite, and very soft spoken, she had no problem when it came to voicing her opinions.
Without a word, Rachel stood up, and headed for the front desk , without looking at her boss, and also walked right by her jacket with her name tag on the front . Once she sat down, at the front desk, she realized she had forgotten her blazer, but it had been to late.
As she sat there, she heard colleen yelling at the manager , about not being able to check Harker in. As mad as she was because she was told she would get his suitcase and take him up to his room, instead of checking him in, she did what she was told
At three o'clock a disguised Harker Harquin parked his grey Mercedes in front of the hotel' . Before he got out, he reached over to the passenger seat, and grabbed his suitcase. After getting out, he handed the valet his keys. He checked around to make sure that there wasn't anyone watching. Once inside the hotel, Harker felt at ease enough to take off his coat , which he casually slung over the rolling suitcase, and then took his sun glasses off and hung then on the collar of his shirt.
After she left the manager standing in the hallway, she went into the breakroom and for spite grabbed Rachel's jacket and put it on as her manager suggested she do.
As Harker walked in through the lobby of the hotel, the day manager grabbed his coat along with his briefcase, from his office.

while Harker strolled through the front lobby, Rachel's boss walked right past him, with the grin much to the resemblance of the Cheshire cat. He was very confident that the set up he and Colleen had come up with, that would affect Rachel's career would go over quite smoothly
Once He reached the front desk, Harker sat his suitside, and approached the young lady who was seated comfortably on a black cushioned high back seat. However, before he had a chance to say anything the very demure middle aged lady ,with shoulder length light blond hair and strawberry blond high lights looked up from her computer.
"Mr. Harquin your room is ready. ", she said in a soft, pleasant voice, while smiling very sweetly at him.
Before he looked into her eyes, he searched for a name tag on her jacket, since she wasn't wearing one there wasnt a nameplate. There wasn't even one attached to her white blouse, so he simply tipped his hat, smiled , and then thanked her.
After he was checked in, he picked up his coat along with his bag, and started down the hall.