changes kept secrets and kept loves

There and been some good things, and bad stuff that had happened in their marriage, but there was but there was one thing that was the worst . They managed to survive twenty two years of marriage. Mistakes
are made, but somehow sometimes they are not forgotten, especially by the person who made the mistake.
There is also a time to realize that it is time to give up and call it quits.
Rachel recovered remarkably well from the accident, which left her with a limp, that with the help of physical therapy  would stop However, She and Mark decided to file for divorce. He left her the house, her car, and the dogs. They settled for joint custody of Ashton, but since the apartment that Mark had moved into was downtown, it was out of the school district he decided to stay with his mom .
One morning while Harker was out on a film set Rachel's cellphone rang
"Hey hon what's up?","Rachel asked, the woman on the other end of the line.l
Q
"I have an interview in a half an hour. Would you be able to watch Rosie?"
"Of course!", Rachel said happily.
"Great! thanks. Where are you?"
"I'm at work. "
"Ok." the young lady said hesitantly ."Are you sure Mr. Harquin won't mind?"
"He's not here. " Rachel informed her "Even if he was , he wouldn't care. He always says family first ., Rachel reminded her.
"I appreciate it. "
"Yep,I know you know I'm not going to turn down anytime with baby girl.
"Oh before I forget are we still on for this afternoon?"
"Of course. Your uncle and I took the afternoon off. Even Ashton is looking forward to it.
"Ok. Cool. I think is Rosie could talk, she wouldn't stop going on about it.", She said smiling. "We will see you soon."

A short time later a young blond haired woman and a seven  month old bqby girl arrived at Harker's home . When she rang the doorbell Rachel greeted her instead of the butler.
Harker finished work about a half an hour early so he decided to go home, rather than sticking around the set.
When he walked into the house everything was quite, except for the sound of Rachel's voice, that was
coming from the study. However, she wasn't talking, but humming what seemed to be the dance of the sugar plum fairy from the nutcracker. Curious and confused, he walked toward the doors. When he slid them open, he found Rachel sitting in the rocking recliner with a little baby girl wrapped up in a blanket as she held her in her arms
Once he stood inside, and in front of her, he couldn't help but smile.
After the baby was asleep Rachel stood up ,excused herself walked passed Harker, and sat the baby in the carrier beside the desk. Once she was comfortable Rachel sat down in the chair behind the desk, next to the carrier.
"This is my granddaughter Rosaline. " , She said smiling down at the baby.

"Ahston's?"' He said amazed.
"No.", She said unable to stop laughing alittle because she knew he was joking. "Hopefully someday he will have children. ", She said wistfully. "This is my daughter's little girl. "
"You have a daugher?" He asked astonished
"Yes. She is five years older than Ash."
"She is Mark's as well?", He asked and regretted it quickly, but it was to late to take it back.
"Yes." She assured him, with a smile.
"I'm sorry I asked that .", He apologized .
"It's alright.", She reflected. "I'm sure you've seen pictures at the house, of her and my daughter. "
He thought for a bit. He had recalled seeing pictures of a young lady on the mantel piece above the fire place in the livingroom, as for the baby picture, he assumed that it had been Lilly, because it was black and white.
"I thought maybe..."
"They were pictures of Lilly and I? ", She interrupted
"Yes." ,He confessed.
"My granddaughter looks a lot like my sister doesn't she?"Ranchel said, in an amazed tone, widening her eyes .
"Remarkably. ", Harker agreed astonished
"And before you even say it, Mark didn't have an affair with my sister. ", She told him , intending to orchestrate a joke , but with what he had said about Ash, she was also half serious
He didnt didn't know how to react, so he didn't respond .

Amazingly, they both found it ironic that he wasn't offended by her split attempted explanation.
When Rachel's daughter arrived, the maid brought her into the study
"Harker. This is my daughter Katrina. ", She said proudly, as she stood up, and walked over around to the front of the desk , and stood by the young lady.