Chapter 10: Meet Them Head On

Start from the beginning

He would have none of it.

She gasped and as soon as her mouth had parted his own was against hers. His tongue danced with her own, and she felt like turning into a puddle right then and there This was a lot to try and handle- especially since she had never been kissed previously to the time before this.

It was a whole new thrilling, and endearing, experience for her. She let out a breathy moan when he did something with his tongue- she had no idea what, but damn did it feel good. When the need for oxygen became apparent they broke apart.

Breathing heavily she bowed her head, feeling her face become even warmer somehow.

Oh god, she had never even done anything remotely like that before! Was she good? Was she really bad?! Would Itachi never want to kiss her ever again after this? She sure as hell hoped that he still would, because what kind of relationship would that be? With no kissing?

She looked up and hoped to find a happy face, even if it was just a smirk, that would work...

His face was shrouded in shadows, his head bowed and eyes averted from her.

Her anxiety increased with every passing second, small beads of sweat began to form on her skin, tears coming to her eyes, the shame that had yet to come already taking its toll.

When he did lift his head, tears streamed down his face, and his cheeks turned red minimally at the action. Her own eyes widened with disbelief, he was crying.

But for what?

"I-Itachi-Kun? A-are you okay?" Maybe it was foolish to think this at the time, but it had never really occurred to her how much smaller she was compared to Itachi.

Now while compared to Kisame, Itachi had a smaller body frame, but compared to her, he was huge. His shoulders were wide and his stance always seemed to make him bigger.

His hands completely dwarfed hers, and when comparing them, her finger tips barely hit the middle of his fingers.

When she was lifted off of the ground and spun around, she felt light. When she was placed back down on the ground with arms holding her tight, she felt heavy.

When she looked into the eyes of the man that she loved so dearly, she felt it all over again.

"You," he smiled at her, that dazzling, beautiful, breathtaking smile, "you, I'm crying because of you. You and your wonderful beautiful simply Sakura self." He leaned his forehead against hers and she gently brought her hands up to cup his cheeks.

"And you have no idea," she wiped away his tears with the back of her hands, "how happy it makes me to hear you say that..my Itachi-Kun..."Think her foolish, think her crazy.

But she had never been so happy, to have decided to jump off that cliff that day.

Never so happy that she had decided what was best for her rather than waiting on people who wanted her in the back.

Never so happy to have picked up that kunai that day, to have I'd seen the initials engraved into it, with the beautiful silk red ribbon tied around its hilt.

That happiness wouldn't be crushed by anyone.

Not by Naruto

Not by Sasuke.

Not by Kakashi.

Because this was her story.

And damn did she fucking work it.

When their lips met in that clash again, she felt powerful, like nothing could stop her. An insatiable feeling coursing through her blood. The image that they created was one of wholeness.