chapter 28

Writer's POV

Everything in Storybrooke had been peaceful since Graham left. Apparently this wasn't the first time he had done something like this, so his dad decided it was time to leave. Not exactly sure about where to, but as long as it was away from Storybrooke, everyone was happy.

Since they left, the town needed a new sheriff. The same day Graham's dad resigned as sheriff, Emma's dad got it. David had been the best cop so everyone voted him to now run the station.

For awhile, it was hard for David to adjust to his new role in town. Besides being the new sheriff, Mary Margret had went into labor not too long after so he had to find a way to balance his new job position and being a dad. Now months down the line, David is finally getting the hang of being a "first" time dad.

When the baby was born, Emma tried to be there as much as possible to help out her mom; however, with it being her senior year, she was swamped with school work. That didn't really stop her from spending time with her new brother, Theo, though.

Emma's POV

"I'm so tired," I said walking down the school hallway to get to my first class.

"Me too, girl. Me too," Ruby said. I gave her a sideways glare. "What?"

"You're only tired because you stay up too late doing who knows what. Me on the other hand now lives with a baby that cries nonstop."

"You know you love him, Em. His crying and all. We all saw the way you changed and started to act different when he was born. He's already your world," Tink said from the other side of me.

I smiled. They were right. I was so happy when Theo was born it was unreal. I had always wanted a sibling, but I never really thought it was possible for me to ever have one.

"Yeah, true."

"No clue what y'all are talking about but I heard you say "he's already your world" and figured I'd join in," Killian said coming up behind me.

"Of course that was the only part you heard," Ruby said rolling her eyes.

"Well it's the truth," he replied defensively.

"Then I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, Jones, but we were actually talking about Theo," Tink said to him.

I knew Killian knew who we were talking about already, seeing as this was a conversation that happened almost every day. Killian's reaction every time was just adorable. He'd let out a disappointed sigh and snap his fingers saying "man" or something. Although it was small it was still cute to me.

We continued throughout the day. It went extremely slow. I just wanted to go home, hangout with Theo for a little bit, then go to sleep.

"We still on for our study date?" Killian asked as we were walking out of the school.

I tried to think back to whenever I had agreed to this but I couldn't remember.

"You forgot again, didn't you? It's okay, we don't have to do it. I just know you hate anything that has to do with history, but I also know how tired you are. I can see it on your face," he said grabbing hold of my hand and lacing our fingers together.

I sighed. "You're right. I am tired but you're the only one who can explain history to me and get me to understand it. This study date it happening, especially since I have that stupid test tomorrow on it."

"Okay. Your house or mine?"

I thought about it. At my house I would probably get distracted by Theo, so his was the best option.

"Yours," I replied and he nodded.

We walked to his truck. He opened the door for me and helped me get in, then went to the driver's side and got in himself. We had the radio playing and were singing along to it all the way to his house.

Killian actually now lives in an apartment by himself since he is now 18. I won't turn 18 until after we graduate from high school. Although he does now live on his own, the apartment is still right across from Liam's. He wanted to still keep an eye on Killian since their mom past a couple months ago and they both disowned their father. This was their compromise to the problem, living across the hall. Killian hated it at first but I told him I thought it was sweet and then his attitude changed towards it.

When we arrived, we headed up to his place and went to our normal spot we sat at every time we did a study date, the couch. It was the most comfortable place in the whole apartment.

"Before we start, do you want anything to eat or drink?" Killian asked me from the kitchen area.

"No thank you."

When he came and sat on the couch he handed me a water bottle even though I had said I hadn't wanted anything, which was also a normal. He set a back of peanut butter crackers to the side for when I got hungry later, again another normal thing.

We were half way through studying when Killian called for a quick break. I went to the restroom and he went across the hall to Liam's for something. When I returned, Killian was holding two plates with pizza on it.

"I know you said you weren't hungry but I am, and i'm not gonna eat in front of you without you eating too," he said handing me a plate with a slice on it.

I laughed. "Actually I was starting to get hungry myself, so thank you."

He chuckled. "No problem."

We moved to where we were laying together on the couch and turned on a movie. Tangled happen to be playing, so we watch that. Favorite movie, with my favorite person, and my favorite food. Could today get any better?

Okay sooooo I know it's been awhile since I've updated a chapter and I am sorry for that. I have been really busy and couldn't really think of anything to write. This is a short chapter and probably makes no sense but I figured it was better than nothing. I promise whenever I'm not busy with band or homework I will write a better chapter. Let me know what you guys think :)