Chapter 4

KIllian's POV

My alarm broke through the cloud of my amazing dream. It wasn't just a dream to me though, it gave me something to look forward to in the future. A future with Emma. Hopefully one day.

I got up and got ready for the day. Once I was done, I made my way downstairs to get something to eat before I left for school. 

When I walked into the kitchen I was surprised when I saw my dad instead of my mom. I instantly got a knot in my stomach just from the sight of him, something just didn't feel right. 

"Good morning. Do you have practice or anything going on after school today?" he asked. Why would he care? He hasn't really had anything to do with me since everything with mom, unless its to try and win an argument.

"Maybe, why?" I really didn't have anything going on today, I just wanted to know why he would care if I did.

"Well, your mother and I have something very important to talk to you about. We would like to do it as soon as possible, so do you or do you not have something going on this afternoon?" he asked again, a little more firmly.

"No I don't. Will Liam be here too, or just me?" I ask.

"Yes. Liam will be here too, just later. He has to stay after school because he is supervising detention today," he says, but something still doesn't feel right. Liam never likes staying to supervise detention, that's like his biggest no. He doesn't give people detention, he doesn't watch a room full of teens for an hour an a half. Nothing. Why is he all of a sudden watching it?

"Okay, well then I will be here as soon as he is. Me and the guys were actually talking yesterday of going sailing," I lied. I know its not good to lie to your parents, but I stopped looking as him like a dad as soon as he changed.

"Alright, just make sure to be here on time." he said.

"Sure. I'm going to go to Granny's and grab something. See you this afternoon," I said as I made my way out. It might have been wise just to eat whatever he was making, but I really wanted to surprise Emma with some of her favorite things. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Hey, Jones. What are you doing here?" Ruby asked.

"This is a diner, right?" We both laughed and she nodded. "Well, then I'm here to get some food."

"Really, you can get that from a diner?" She asked sarcastically.

"I know, I'm just as surprised as you. Where is everyone else?" She just smirked. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," she continue to smile. "What do you want to get? I'll grab it for you," she said.

"Alright, well then I'll get two hot chocolates. One with cinnamon and one without," I said smiling.

"I'll fix them," she said turning around. A few minutes later she handed them to me and we walked out heading to school. We talked here and there, which is new for us. Normally she doesn't even want to look at me. I wonder what's changed?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

We were turning to the school when I saw Emma, and I started to smile. Just seeing her makes me think of the dream. Its really weird because we just met two days ago, but I can't get her out of my head. It bothers me because I can't figure her out as easily as everyone else. I'm going to change that. I'm going to be the first one here to figure out who Emma Swan really is.

"Aww, look. Someone's blushing," Ruby said.

"Be quiet, Ruby." I gave her a look and she stopped, surprisingly knowing her. 

"Hey, Emma!" Ruby yelled.

Emma stopped in her tracks and turned around with a smile on her face. Her smile got even bigger when we locked eyes. "Hey guys! How have y'all been since the last time we talked?"

"Good," Ruby said and I nodded in agreement.

"Here, Swan." I handed her the hot chocolate with cinnamon, "this is for you."

"Thanks! I could really use some sugar this morning," she said with a beautiful smile. Her eyes are so pretty, and that smile. Just... wow.

"Shall we head in?" Ruby asks, and we nod.

"Oh, Emma?"

"Yes," she says with that amazing smile.

"I was um... I was wondering if maybe you would want to go sailing with me after school for a little while?" I ask hopeful that she will say yes. Then also I wouldn't have lied to my dad, just about who I'd be going with.

"Umm..." Oh no! Did I cross a line? She's going to say no. I shouldn't have asked!  "Hey, Ruby, could you go ahead of us so we could talk?"

"Yeah. Will you be able to fine your way to math by yourself?" Ruby asked.

"I'm pretty sure, and if not I'm sure Killian will help."

"Alright, well then, you two have a nice conversation. And remember you're at school, so don't do anything bad." Emma gives are the cutest little glare and Ruby just laughs. "I'm just saying. secondly remember you have to get to class before the bell rings."

"Yes ma'am, mom," was there nothing she could do that wasn't adorable?

Ruby walked off so I started the conversation back up again, "So... is this where you tell me no?" 

"No, this is where I tell you it's complicated," she said.

"I'm sorry, but what do you mean by complicated?"

"Killian, we just started talking yesterday. And before that you weren't very nice. Then not only that I don't want to give you or anyone else the wrong impression. I only want a friendship."

"I understand that. I was asking just as a friend. You know, just trying to show you around," I lied.

"Yeah, showing me around. On the water?" she asked with a straight face, but it didn't match her eyes. Her eyes were smiling.

"Okay that does sound dumb, but I mean it. Only as friends," I only half way lied.

"Alright, I'll go sailing with you. Now come on, lets get to our classes?" she said with a smile.

"Yeah lets go."

We went our separate ways. All that was on my mind right now was going sailing with Emma later. I know its just as friends but maybe we can talk and change that.

Emma's POV

I got into math, but my mind was everywhere else. Do I want something more with him, or do I just want a friendship? I shouldn't rush into things like I did last time, that didn't work out too well.

I ignored Killian any chance I got just because I am confused. I really don't know what to do. I do like him, but am I really ready to let him in. What if he doesn't understand? It could ruin everything. I don't want that. Maybe after sailing today I can tell some lie about how the Nolan's don't really want me talking to him. I guess we'll just have to see.

This is a shorter chapter. The next one will have them sailing in it. What do y'all think, should Emma just stop talking to Killian until she figures things out? What do you think Killian's parents want to talk to him and Liam about? Comment what you think, and maybe vote if you liked it. Thanks for reading!