Chapter 7

Killian's POV

I was leaving Emma's house to go find Graham. Since he told her we had practice today he was most probably at the field house. 

I was almost there when I saw two people walk out. One looked to be Graham, and the person who he hurt Emma with. The girl started to walk away and Graham didn't look to happy about it. The girl was almost to the gate, where I was, and I was able to see that it was Ruby. Why? I thought they were best friends. Why would she do something like this?

I tried moving out of sight, but she still saw me. "Who's there?" I heard her ask.

I tried to think about what to say, but it didn't work out to well. "The guy that loves you best friend. You know you caused her a lot of hurt tonight."

"Killian?" I came out of the shadows and nodded. "Please whatever you do, don't tell her about this. I am going to tell her tomorrow."

"Why am I suppose to believe you?"

She sighed. "Might as well tell you too. Better hear it from me instead of Emma." She took a deep breathe and continued. "Me and Graham have had a secret relationship since the end of last year. Every Thursday we meet in the field house to just talk about everything that has been happening since the last time we have talked. When I found out that he asked out Emma, I was really hurt. I thought he cared about me. That's why I told him that we could no longer meet if he really wanted to be in a relationship. I was telling him no more because of Emma. She wouldn't listen to me this morning when I told her to not date Graham. So I had to do this," I looked her and saw the sadness in her eyes. She was telling the truth.

I walked closer to her and hugged her. "I am so sorry, Ruby. Graham is nothing but a liar. He never knows what he wants. I wish this didn't happen to you, or to Emma. If you don't want me to tell her I won't, and I know I probably shouldn't say this, but if you don't want to tell her either you don't have to." I said and saw her shake her head. 

"He already broke things off with Emma thinking that it would make me want to stay, but it didn't. I'm the cause of her breakup and I want to tell her the truth. It's the right thing to do not only as a person, but as her best friend."

"You're right. You need a way home?"

"Nah. I can walk," she said.

"Alright, well see you tomorrow," I said making my way closer to the gate to try and get to Graham.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm going to knock some since into Graham. He not only hurt the person I love, but also one of my friends."

"Don't hurt him. If you do, he will only get you into trouble. Just go home and leave this all alone, please," she said. 

"Fine, but if he hurts anyone else I care about he's a dead man."

"Fine by me," she said. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I was sitting in my bed, at my brothers house, later that night thinking. No wonder why Emma has her walls up. I mean just today two peopled lied to her. 

Hopefully she will give me that second chance because I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I have Robin and Lee to talk to about stuff, but its not really the same. They haven't gone through all this crap, and it kills me to know Emma has. I can see the same hurt and pain in her eyes that I feel nonstop at home. 

I soon drifted off to sleep, and once again, Emma was in my dreams. It felt so weird to have the same dream over and over again, but that just makes me want it to happen even more.