Chapter 5

Emma's POV

I'm waiting for Killian outside of the main entrance like he asked at lunch, before I disappeared. I really don't know how, but I did manage to not talk to him. I had a lot to think about, and I think I came up with a okay solution.

"Hey, are you waiting for someone?" I smiled because at first I thought that it was Killian, but then I turned around and it was someone else.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare or disappoint you. I'm Graham," he said. 

"Yeah I know who you are. We have had a few conversations, if you'd even call them that." We both laughed.

"Yeah I guess you could say that. I was wondering if we could maybe get to know each other? As friends. I know you don't want nothing more than that, and I am okay with it. This is probably going to sound lame, but how I act around Neal, really isn't who I am."

"I figured as much. It doesn't sound lame or anything. Do you mind if I ask you a question?" He nodded. "Why act like someone you aren't? Does it gain you anything by doing so?"

He looked to the ground and I instantly regretted asking that question. I had a feeling there was more to it, I just wasn't for sure. He finally looked up and said, "I don't know why some people act like someone they're not, but I do it because then I don't have to face reality. For me it's easier to deal with things in this reality than how I actually am. If I'm honest I don't like how I ask, because I am far from that. I don't really gain anything from it. Most people don't like it so its easier to do something bad, or mean, when no one you care about will get hurt. Wow, I don't know why I'm telling you this. Sorry," he said looking back at the ground.

"You don't have to be sorry. I guess I can understand that," I said looking at him. If I had to admit to myself he did look really nice. 

"Anyways.... you never really answered my questions," he said looking up once again. He has really pretty eyes. I thought. 

I smiled, "and what might those have been?"

"Well one, are you waiting for someone but I am sure the answer is yes. Am I right?" I nod and he smiles. "Figured. The second question is or was, whatever, could we get to know each other sometime?"

I laughed, "isn't that what we are doing right now? I mean we are talking."

"Yeah, I guess." Something in his eyes changed when he looked away. I could tell when our eyes locked again and he said, "I oughta go. See you tomorrow?" I'm not sure if he meant for the last part to come out a question, but it did so I just simple nodded. He smiled and walked away.

Not even a few seconds later I had a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Killian. So this is why Graham left so suddenly.

"Ready to go Swan?" I wasn't really paying attention though. I was wondering what could have scared Graham off so fast. 

"Wha- oh yeah. Let's go," he smiled and led the way.

"How long are we going to be gone?" I ask, to try and break some of the silence.

"Depends. How far out do you want to go?"

"Not too far. I haven't really ever been sailing before, so I would like to stay pretty close to shore."

"Would you rather just go sit at the docs? I don't want to push you to do something you haven't done before," he said.

"Honestly I don't really care. I just want to go somewhere where we can talk. I guess since I told my parents that I was going sailing we can do that."