Chapter Sixty-Five: Plans, Plans, And Look! More Plans: The Sequel

Start from the beginning

"What? No! Last time I went shopping, I nearly died." Five exclaimed. "Shopping is dangerous."

"It's only dangerous if crazy time-traveling assassins with superpowers follow you," Klaus says.

"We don't know what the crazy time-traveling assassins with superpowers are doing!" Five said. "For all we know, Billie—if that's even what she's going by, she hates modern names—she might be posing as the cashier!"

"Okay, first off: stop. If you get me thinking like that, Ron won't be allowed to go and then we'll all have to starve." Jordan holds up one finger. "Second off: what? Billie isn't her real name?"

"Of course not," Five gives him an incredulous look. "Her real name is–"

But then Five uttered a series of soft rolling R's and guttural clicks that had everyone give him a skeptical look. 

"She's from the future, okay? English is an old language, and very few speak it." Five sighs.

"Ooookay," Klaus waves his hands around. "Fun fact of the day, I guess."

Allison and Vanya come back downstairs, followed by Ron

"Alrighty!" Luther said. "Five, take Ron to the store and buy us some food."

"I need money," said Ron as he starts to pull on his own pair of battered Converse.

"Kitchen, behind the cook book." Jordan tells Ben, who nods and immediately goes into the room as requested.

"When we get back from the store?" Five asked.

"By then, we should have everything organized except for the plan. We'll need you here when we do that, Five, since you're the only one who's ever been inside The Commission. After that?" Luther's eyes glittered in the light of the living room, and a soft chill ran down Jordans spine.

"We go and get our brother."

The words rang out like a bullet.

Ron clapped. "Rousing speech, Luther, really. Now, can we go?"

"Here's the money," Ben came pack with a stack of bills that where wrapped up with a rubber band. "I've got no clue how much is in it."

"Thanks," Ron pocketed it and went to the door. "Let's go, Five."

"Your little brother is rude," Five commented before waving to Jordan.

"You wave to him, but not to us?" Klaus holds a hand over his heart in mock hurt. "I don't think Ron is the rude one; I think it's you."

"Here's your wave goodbye," Five said, and he held up his middle fingers before going over to a snickering Ron.

"See you," Ron said, and then Five spacial jumped away.

"Can we watch TV?" Ben questioned. Luther thought about it.

"We don't have anything else to do," Luther shrugged. Allison turned it on, and they waited for Ron and Five to return.

[bill strinkey's corner store—about nine thirty a.m.]

Five let go of Ron, who immediately turned away and vomited.

"Yuck," Five muttered. "You react just like Jordan."

"Thank you?" Ron said, wiping vomit off his mouth. After a moment, he turned back to Five. "Do you have a list of what we need?"

"Uh...I thought you did."

"Shit," Ron muttered. "I have literally no clue what to get."