'A violent desire'

Start from the beginning

I nodded looking back at Shannon.

"I know Shannon. I won't let that happen again."

"Really?" He asked and I frowned and nodded uncertain.

"How many times he called you while he was away?"

"Well... none, but I changed my number..."

"A week ago, yes," he cut me off. "And now he is back, and you are planning his party.

"I offered my help as a friend," I stated firm.

"Alright... it's your call," he stated as he turned back to the wheel and started the car.

"I just don't want you placing his needs above yours. He has enough people jumping around him," he started to drive but he peered at me, "I don't want to sell him out, but changing your phone number and not letting him know totally freaked him out," a smile appeared on Shannon's face.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he even told me how cold you were with him at your work."

"Cold?" I asked surprised because I felt the opposite, I felt like burning every time he would come near me.

"I guess he is just realizing you have your own life now. Don't let him pull you back."

We smiled at each other and I looked out of the windshield feeling proud.

I won't let him pull me back.

It was only a 5-minute drive and we parked in front of the small restaurant at the end of the street.

Opening the front door, Liliana, the owner already hurried to us.

"Oh, my sweeties, it is nice to see you again," she smiled, "your table is ready, as always, and there is a third person waiting, he said he is with you," then she looked at me and her eyes widened. "Aren't you cold in that little dress, Avery?"

"I'm fine, Liliana," I chuckled.

"Yeah, my brother is joining us today," Shannon said.

"Come, sweeties," she smiled.

We walked with her to the back of the restaurant. It was a small cozy place, with warm colors, only a couple tables in the front and 5 booths at the back.

We always get the last one by the window so when we sit in, the back of the couch hides us from the rest of the restaurant.

Jared was already sitting there, with his phone in his hand, and when he saw us he stood up with a light smile.

His hair was the same; sleek, combed back. He wore velvety black shirt, buttoned up only half-way, leaving his chest free to stare at. He also had the sleeves rolled up and the bottom of his shirt neatly tucked into his black jeans.

"Was there some message about a dress code I missed?" laughed Shannon on our similar styles.

"Yeah, called fashion," Jared smiled smugly as he hugged Shannon who hugged him back with a laugh.

Then he turned to me having a look on me from head to toe and a light smile was seen on his face as he stepped closer.

Feeling his fingers push into the flash on my waist, he pulled me into a hug, slowly leading his palms onto my back under my hair and then down again to my waist.

"You look breathtaking," he whispered into my ear, his warm breath tickling my neck what caused me goosebumps all over my body.

He slowly stepped away, the end of his fingers brushing my waist as he let me go, looking at my chest and smirked.