Ch7:新家

Trans: new house

" Dad," I say, picking up the old and discard remains of our "house" , " With the situation we're in, I think I should stop school for a while."

That way I won't have to face the rankings list.

"Yuqi." He grabs my shoulders and looks at me firmly, "Even if dad is in this state, I will still let you finish your studies no matter what!"

I try to cover up my shock expression, there goes my plan.

"Dad really is useless," he sighs.

"What are you being humble about! Even after raising a beautiful Daughter like me, you say you're useless?" I smile at him. Even though it's only been the both of us, everything my dad has done was for my good.

"You're right." A smile appears.

"Actually I forgot to tell you, one Friend of mine watched the news and found out about our condition. He has allowed us to temporarily stay at his house. We used to be the best of friends, your Uncle Ali and I." He starts as we walk down the path.

Just then, a car drives up in front of our house and comes to a stop.

A good looking young man in a suit steps out of the car.

"Are you mr yuan? Chairman Wong has some matters to attend to and cannot come in person. I am here to help you move."

He then proceeds to step in front of the car and open the door for us.

We stare at each other, mouths open in disbeliefs.

-

"Fold it in half, and fold it again.
Sir, you can't even make an origami box properly, how will I teach you how to make a handbag?"

"Sorry. It my fault." The man mutters.

"Sir, madam will be mad." The Maid looks at him desperately.

"I will try my best. Angelina, you must be tired, have some tea first." He gestures, hoping to create a diversion.

"The guest is here, I shall go and welcome him now. Take your time to fold them." He stands up before she can reply.

-

Just then our car comes to a stop and dad gets out.
I nod my head in thanks to the man that's holding the door for us.

"Yuqi! Look!" He points to a well dressed man who doesn't look half of Dad's age, " that's my Best Friend, Ali."

He runs up the stairs and the both of them do a chest bump.

"It's been a Long time." Uncle Ali says, and pulls dad into a hug.

"Welcome!" A pretty voice rings out. I turn to see another woman coming out of the house.

"Hello!" She waves enthusiastically as Uncle Ali puts an arm around her, " you must be Yuqi right? I have heard alot about you. Nice to meet you, I am mama Wong." She steps forward and takes both of my hands in hers.

"Nice to meet you, Uncle and Aunty." I bow out of politeness.

That's when something hard hits my head.

I clutch my head in pain, looking around to see what could've hit me.

It was a toy aeroplane. As I look at the source of the plane, I see a small boy hiding behind the bush.

"Mark!" Mrs Wong shouts, " how could you be so careless."
"Come here now!" Mr Wong looks furious.

A handsome but grumpy young boy comes toward us. "This is my Son, mark."

"Hi Mark!" I bend down to reach his level , " Nice to meet you." I offer a hand to shake.

He stares at me, not moving.

" Dumm. ( German)
C'est con. ( French )
Estupido. (Spanish )" he replies with a smirk on his face.

I frown, not understanding a word he said.

"English! English!" Dad exclaims.

" What does he mean? Is he welcoming me?" I beam at him, my hand still stretched out for a handshake.

Mrs and Mrs Wong laugh nervously, unsure of what to do.

"Stupid! You are stupid! I've seen your collapsed house on the internet. I wouldn't want an idiot to live in my house. What if I'm infected?" He says arrogantly, and with every word he says, I can see Mr and Mrs Wong's expression growing more serious.

"He's just kidding!" Mrs Wong smacks his head playfully, " Mark, how can you speak like this? Stupidness is not infectious. If only it was, that would be great! Yuqi can save our family!" She smiles genuinely and I am at a loss for words.

Running over to a table, she brings a stack of paper over. "Look! Look! Test papers with full marks!" She exclaims, throwing them into the air. "I don't have the trouble of raising children like other parents. Go and fold them." She pushes the stack into mr Wong's hands.

"Better be like Yuqi, being a little dumb, which is the cutest!" She leans forward and pinches my cheeks.

"Come, Lets go! I will show you to your room!"

She takes my hand and leads me towards the house.

A/n: UWU since mark was in dream before, I decided to let him be the little Brother. Am I the only one that thinks he and Lucas look kinda alike??

 Am I the only one that thinks he and Lucas look kinda alike??