Chapter 29: Bundle of Pain

|Katherine|
The sound of Cameron's crying kept me up at night, but I was so lucky that Luke came to sleep on the floor of my bedroom so he can help.

"I've got him," He announces groggily and walks over to the small bed we made for the baby on Emma's bed. She couldn't handle the crying so she has been spending the night in one of the Ross' many guest rooms.

I sat up in my bed since I wasn't getting much sleep and watched him pick up the robotic baby who instantly stopped crying once he was held.

I smiled at the scene, "You've gotten really good at this."

Luke chuckled as he placed Cameron back, "Well after millions of his crying I guess I got good practice." He slowly plops himself on his sleeping bag.

"Thank you." I simply mutter and then get back into bed.

"Anything for you Kat." He whispers before he knocked out. I don't know why, but I just got some really good sleep that night.

•••

The next morning was a blur as Luke and I walked to the table for breakfast with so many bags under our eyes we could've gone shopping.

"You guys look horrible." Zuri cringes while sipping orange juice.

Jessie walks in all happy but screams in terror when she sees mine and Luke's faces, "Oh for the love of god what is wrong with your faces?"

"Aw good morning to you too, big sister." I reply sarcastically, my voice trying to be chipper but ended up being deep like a croak.

Luke picks at his food, "Our new bundle of joy has been keeping us up so we haven't been sleeping right."

Ravi then walks into the kitchen with a slight hunch and an even worse face that ours. "Good morning siblings and Kat." He attempted to smile but all that was there was an angry face.

"These babies are really doing something to you." Emma winces when she looks at all three of us.

I turn to Luke, "Is it mine or your turn to write in the journal?"

He yawns heavily, "Um mine. I'll go do that right now."

Luke walks off and I finish my breakfast, heading over to my room to get ready for school.

|Luke|

I sat down quietly in my room as I began to write the journal entry for today. But I was feeling a little bit of writer's block. I've just had so many things on my mind it's crazy.

Lucy and I broke up and I honestly feel really bad about how it all went down...

Not only did Kat and I kiss once but twice now, and I could tell she was a little uneasy since she was still with Mr. Perfect. But at the same time she hasn't stopped anything either, I know this is wrong because she is someone else's girlfriend, I'm a crappy person.

Suddenly a knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts, and of course it was Katherine to make things awkward.

"Hey." She says softly, I simply smile and motion her to come in. She does so and slowly closed the door behind her.

She points toward the bed, "Can I sit."

I laugh, "No you can sit on the floor." I reply sarcastically, "Of course you can." I add after she gives me a skeptical look.

Kat laughs before sitting down before me, she fumbled with her hands as if she was debating with herself over something. "Um I wanted to talk about what happened."