Chapter 23: Hectic Holidays (Part Two)

|Katherine|

"Do you understand?" I just finished explaining the plan to Luke who just stared at me.

"So, you want to date me?" He smirks as I hit him.

"It's just for my family's visit, after that we're just friends." I brush any emotions off as Luke chuckled softly.

"Even after—w," I placed my hand over his mouth, causing him to look at me with confusion.

"I'm still dating someone and so are you, this isn't the time to salvage some little romance, I need your help. Can you do this for me?" I asked, more softly which made Luke sigh.

"Yes I can, everything will be platonic." He placed his hands in surrender and walked out of my room without saying a word.

I dropped backwards into my bed and just looked at the ceiling for some kind of help to get through today, and to get through everything else life has thrown at me.

The door opens slightly, "This must be exciting, seeing your parents and brothers again for the holidays." Emma smiled brightly as she glides into the room.

"Yeah it would if you didn't have psychopaths for brothers," I scoffed at the mention of anything involving my siblings as "exciting,"

"They're still your family." Emma reminds with a little nudge and I couldn't help but smile.

"You are right, god Emma I'm so glad you're in my life." I gave her a little hug as she giggled.

"I know, I was blessed with brains and beauty." She winks but as she said that Zuri and Luke passed by our room and started cracking up.

"She just said—" Luke said in between laughs.

"She has brains AND beauty." Zuri fell on the floor in a fit of giggles as Emma growled.

"I have the worst siblings in the world." She groaned with disgust.

"I'll have to argue with you on that one," I smirked and patted her head.

•••
"So, would it be okay if they could stay here for a bit?" I bit my lip, I was asking Mr. and Mrs Ross if mine and Jessie's family could stay with us for the holidays.

"Of course honey! They can have some of our guest rooms." Mrs. Ross waved it off as Jessie and I have both of them a big hug.

"Thank you so much. I promise you they won't be any trouble." Jessie crossed her fingers. "I sure hope they won't."

Luke then appeared behind me, "Alright family, second part: since Kat's family doesn't know we broke up, we are going to act like we are still a couple, just while they are here. Just play along." He explained as the Ross clan stared at us weirdly.

"So go back to how it used to be? That's a lot of work." Bertram scoffed.

"Listen it's just for Christmas, then one they leave things will go back to normal." I looked over at Luke who sighed and nodded along with me.

|Luke|
Kat left the meeting to go prepare somethings for her family and Jessie went along with her.

"So how are you gonna handle having to act as Kat's boyfriend again?" Emma asks me as I shrugged.

"I don't know, it's gonna be weird." I buried my face in my hands. It's not that I don't want to, it's just going to bring back so many memories.

My mom rubbed my back, "Oh sweetie, I know how much you miss her."

"Don't worry you guys are endgame." We all looked over at Zuri who was licking an ice cream cone. "I'm good at these things, the first time I saw FRIENDS, I knew Monica and Chandler were meant to be."