Chapter 24: My Favorite Boys

|Katherine|
The Ross family decided to give Jessie and I some quality time with our family so they stayed in the movie room for a while and left the 9 of us together.

"I'm so proud of you, Jessie. The strong woman you've become. I mean, look at where you work!" My father beamed with pride as Jessie smiled.

"Thanks Daddy,"

The boys were still looking around and always finding something that amazed them. These little moments were the ones I loved the most of my brothers. Their little quiet moments, how  they just exploded with emotion just by the looks on their faces. Maybe it was because I haven't see them in a while, but it was really clear that I missed them.

My parents on the other hand, I missed nonetheless, they were my parents after all. Sure, we were a huge blended family but that's what made us special, it didn't matter that the boys and I weren't Jessie's father's biological children, we were his kids no matter what.

"We'd like to hear everything you girls have been up to." My mom clapped as we sat around the living room together.

"Mom, do we have to listen?" Joey raised an eyebrow. The boy had the attention span of a hummingbird.

"It's probably better than what you've been doing," Jessie joked as Joey rolled his eyes.

"Well to keep it short, we've traveled a lot, hell we went to Hawaii a little while ago," I smiled a little at the memory but then frowned when I remembered what happened near the end of the trip.

"You okay, hon?" My dad asks, noticing my expression.

"She's just sad it ended," Jessie covered for me with a nervous giggle. Lance looked over at me closely and I shift because I was uncomfortable.

"Okay, how bout I get us some snacks!" I announce and shot out of my seat and into the kitchen. I gripped the marble counter and I began to breathe heavily.

"You know, your acting really sucks." I yelped when I heard someone speak, I turned and saw Lance leaning against the wall.

"Why would I need to act?" I raised an eyebrow.

Lance shrugged, "That's my same question to you,"

Lance was my oldest brother; so he was the most mature out of all of them. Back home in Texas, whenever I had some problems I always went to Lance first, he taught me to sometimes act rationally rather than stupidly.

"Everything's great." I smiled and started to get little fruit bowls for my family.

"Katherine Michelle Prescott, stop trying to end the subject by focusing on other things." Lance ordered and I stopped what I was doing.

"What?! Nothings wrong, okay?! I'm perfect little Kat!" I clenched my eyes shut along with my fist. Harmony made me do this whenever my temper went out of control.

"Dude, what's up I'm here? I can hear you guys from the living room," Jake snapped while poking his head in. "Woah Kat...you look scary,"

"Just having a little talk, you can go back to the family." Lance waved him off. Jake was a little hesitant but nobody argued with Lance so he did what he was told.

I shocked Lance with a tight hug which almost made him tip over but he caught his balance in time. "Now, tell me what's really up with you,"

"You have to promise not to tell Mama, Dad, or the boys, okay?"

"Kat, I—-"

"No! I'm trusting you as my big brother. Please just keep this between you, me, and Jessie." I pleaded as Lance sighed and nodded.