Chapter 33: Giving Up

Zacznij od początku

"A little more wouldn't hurt."

Jennie laughed and laid down on her back. "That's the Lisa I know."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

After lunch, Tzuyu had Geography, the cursed block that she had with Jungkook. She raced to the classroom before anyone else could get there. Taking her seat by the window, she buried her head in her arms and waited for the room to fill in. With her eyes closed, she drifted off to to dreamland.

Some time later, she was woken by someone tapping her head with something hard. She lifted her head and was blessed with the sight of the teacher glaring down at her. The old woman stood there, smacking down a ruler hard on her hand. Tzuyu was about to ask if it hurt when she felt droplets of spit on her face.

"Good morning, Miss Chou. Mind if I wake you up?" she asked, a bitter smile decorating her face.

Tzuyu twisted her head around the class as her cheeks started to burn from the snickering. "N-no-"

"OUT!" the teacher yelled before Tzuyu gave her more of her dumb relpy. "Out of this class! Right now!"

"Y-yes," Tzuyu muttered. She picked up her books from the floor and stacked them on top her desk with her stuff. Then, giving the room one last look, she left with her head down.

"Wasn't expecting you out here, Tzu," was the first thing she heard when she stepped outside. "Missing me too much?"

"Shut up, Jungkook!" she snapped and slid down the wall, burying her head between her knees.

"Hey, hey." Jungkook bent down and placed his big hand on her back. "It's alright. That old woman hates us, you know. You should be expecting and perishing more of these 'outstanding' opportunities in the furture with me." He burst out laughing at his own joke.

"Can't believe your sense of humor is this bad when you've been living with someone like Kim SeokJin your whole life." But even as she was saying this, she was trying to hold back the laughter herself.

"See?" he grinned. "You're laughing, too." He smiled as Tzuyu's tiny figure slightly shook and covered her mouth to prevent the noise.

"Why the heck are you out here again?" she asked when she recovered from the fit of giggles, her face red.

"Ran a bit late to class," he answered.

"And why was that?"

"Just a last minute bathroom break. You know she doesn't let us go during her class." He pointed at the classroom door with his thumb. They both glanced inside through the window and saw the teacher hitting the board with her ruler. "Damn, she looks like she's in a bad mood today."

"Hmm, yeah. Looks like it."

The old woman momentarily turned her head towards the door that at first Tzuyu and Jungkook didn't realize it. They moved away with a jerking motion that caused them to bump into each other. Without caring about the searing pain in his forehead, he brushed away Tzuyu's hand and rubbed her spot. "You okay, Chu?"

"I guess so." But she had tears swimming in her eyes.

"Aww, my baby's crying?" He moved her away from the door and wiped her eyes with the back of his hand. He had totally forgotten about his own pain, and kept rubbing the spot gently where he had hit Tzuyu. "Better?"

She nodded. "I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes, Jungkook." She pushed him but stopped dead in her tracks when he kissed her forehead. "Why'd you do that?"