Chapter 8: In Memory of Daniel Kyre

A/N: Well…it's certainly been a while, huh?

Honestly, I'm a little ashamed this particular chapter came so late. But I guess there are some things in life you just can't control.

Anyway, this chapter's been a long time coming, and I hope I've done right by it.

Also, this chapter is non-canon to the story obviously.

Enjoy.

Regular - Story narration

Bold - Video narration

Bold/Italic - Game characters talking

Bold/Italic/Underlined - Markiplier and/or other people talking

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY nor any material from Markiplier.

In Memory of Daniel Kyre

Weiss, Blake and Yang were just returning from a trip to Vale. They had needed to get…girl stuff…yeah, girl stuff. Ruby had stayed behind in the dorm room fiddling with her weapon and totally not watching Markiplier videos without her teammates.

Nope. She would never do that.

So now WBY has finally returned to the dorm room. They expected their leader to do one of many things:

Stuffing her face with cookies.

Performing maintenance on Crescent Rose.

Taking a nap due to falling asleep studying.

They even expected her to be using the computer, possibly watching some Markiplier videos.

They wouldn't really be upset. They'd just let Weiss give Ruby an earful.

The little reaper was, in fact, using the computer…but she was crying.

"Ruby?!"

Yang was quickly at her sister's side. When Ruby looked up, one could see the tear stains on her cheeks, her eyes red from the crying.

"Oh…h-hey Yang."

Weiss and Blake walked up to the two, concerned for their leader.

"Ruby, what's wrong?" Weiss asked.

Ruby sniffled a bit, wiping her eyes before answering.

"W-Well…you know how Mark hasn't been uploading videos in a while?"

Five days wasn't really a while, but it was strange, seeing as Mark uploads a video or two every day. So to see no videos pop up all of a sudden was disconcerting. They had thought about what happened.

Best case scenario, he was simply busy with real life, which was understandable. Mark may make a living off being a DustTuber, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other responsibilities outside of that.

Worst case scenario, he was dead…wait.

"R-Ruby," Yang asked with hesitance. "M-Mark's not…dead, is he?"