Just then as I was about the vault the wall, a flash caught the corner of my eyes. Jerking to a halt, I spun and watched two Cloud ninja flew over the wall and charged off into the surrounding forest.

Any other time I wouldn’t have cared about it except for the fact that they were carrying an unconscious girl with them, one I met before. A girl with short black/purple hair and pupil less eyes.

“Hinata,” I whispered freezing in place. Why would Raikage want her?  The answer hit me just as another boom echoed around the area. “Bakuagan.”

 “Crap,” I hissed slamming my fist against the wall and whirling on my heel chasing after them.

                                                                    **********

It was pretty easy to follow them since they made no move to hide their trail. I had to scoff at the idiocy, didn’t they think someone would come after them? Where they apart of the attack? Or just seizing the moment? I desperately hoped it was the latter and that Lord Raikage hadn’t anything to do with this.

Peering out from the trees I hide in, I frowned at the two men as the argued over whether to rest or continue, neither bothering to watch Hinata. Her hands were bound, yet she didn’t move.

“Run, you fool,” I breathed, silently urging her to flee but she didn’t budge. Fear seemed to consume her and lock her body in place.

Getting tired and more anxious as time progressed, I hissed and lunged from the trees, landing softly and strolling over to them.

“What is this?” I asked.

Both whirled in shock but relaxed immediately when they noticed it was me. Insulting, really. Hinata however, gawked at me in astonishment and was that fear?

“Just go Rima, this doesn’t concern you,” the bigger of the two, I couldn’t remember their names said with a wave of his hand.

“Yes it does. She is a leaf shinobi as am I.” I sauntered closer and subtly put myself between them. “So therefore, I can’t let you take her.”

“You belong to the Land of Lightening,” the other hissed.

“Not according to the Hokage, I was born a Leaf ninja. Plus, I don’t condone this.”

“Condone this,” the chuckled. “As if your input matters.”

“Mistake,” I growled, clenching my fist and narrowing my eyes at the two. “My input matters or have you forgotten who I am?”

“We’re not afraid of a little girl,” they sneered and took an offensive stance.

“Wrong answer,” I smirked.

Rolling my shoulders, my hands flashed out and a gust of air shot forward and slammed into the two of them sending them sailing into the rocks by the river.

“Wow, ninja from the Cloud are getting pathetic,” I scoffed turning and waltzing over to a quivering Hinata. “I won’t hurt you,” I promised untying her hands.

“R-Rima?” she stammered rubbing her sore wrists.

“Yup, the one and only,” I grinned but it faded as her eyes shot open.

Whirling, I was too slow to dodge the punch coming my way. The fist smashed into my side and I crumbled to the ground with a groan.

“Little brat,” the big guy snarled yanking me up by my hair and crashing his fist into my cheek.  I gasped and kicked out connecting with his gut. He doubled over and I jerked back feeling hair ripped from my scalp as I did so.