The New Him

After two days, I finally find Abby's mother's scent. Their house is literally a few blocks down. I start to howl, but quickly stop myself when her mom's scent gets stronger and stronger. "Oh, look, Luke, darling. Another wolf we can...recruit," Abby's mom says. Luke?! Penny's BOYFRIEND?! I run to the back of the house and begin barking. "Shut up, Margret! It's just a dog. We can kill it by ourselves," Luke says, clearly irritated.

Abby's mom rolls her eyes and walks out of the house. She transforms into a large gray wolf and howls a warning. I begin to tremble; her wolf looks much stronger than I am. Margret snarls when she spots me, and charges toward me. She knocks me over, and in an instant, I see nothing but black.

***

I wake up slowly, groaning in pain. "She's up, Luke! Get the serum!" Margret shouts, and pulls me up by the collar. I'm almost healed by my powers when I see a sharp needle coming towards me. "Don't worry, sweet cheeks. You'll feel a little pinch," Luke says. Before he stabs the needle in my arm, I'm healed just in time to kick him where it really hurts. Luke grunts, and I make a run for it.

"You're not getting away that easy, Alpha Girl!" Margret shouts, and transforms. She forces Luke to transform--LUKE'S A WOLF?! I need to calm down before I...yup. I transformed by accident, and I'm scared. I try to outrun Margret and Luke, but I'm too slow. They tackle me and I try to get them off of me, but can't. Margret smiles her wolf smile and bites down on my neck.

I whimper in pain, when all of a sudden I hear another wolf behind me. His scent is faint, but familiar. "Get the serum, Washington!" Luke calls in human form. Washington? Penny would never come here; she's not even a wolf. Bradley is dead, so who else? Suddenly, a large muscular body picks me up and tosses me across the room. "Bradley?" I whisper. Bradley stands there for a second, and shakes his head. "Hurry, Bradley! I want that power!" Margret yells.

I stand up quickly, dodging Bradley's punch. "Don't you remember me?" I say, blocking his kick. I took a few martial arts classes after Bradley left for the military, so I know a lot of self defense. Bradley throws another kick at me, but I'm too slow and he hits me. Immediately I get up, not wanting to do this, but punch Bradley in the face. "I'm really sorry, Bradley. I didn't want to hurt you, but you've left me with no cho--" a loud thump comes from me when Bradley knees me in the chest.

I growl loudly and pounce on Bradley. He grunts when I punch him in the throat. "Why are you doing this, Bradley? Don't you remember me?!" I cry, holding his arms down. "After killing him, I decided to make him one of my pack members. He makes a great fighter, don't you think?" Margret says, walking up to me. "You. Destroyed him! How could you do such a thing to him?" I yell. "Because I knew you would be weak at the sight of him. Yes, I knew you two knuckleheads had a...thing."

I stare at Margret for a long time, and finally glue my eyes back on Bradley. He continues to move around, trying to wiggle his way out, but this position for anyone is hard to get out of. "Remember this?" I whisper, holding up the necklace he gave to me before he left for Saudi Arabia. Bradley's eyes get wide, and his eyes flash yellow. "Jana? What's going on?"