College Life

I'm at Oklahoma State for college, and it's pretty good so far. There aren't any wolves except for me. My roommate is extremely perky...which is why I hate her. Her name is Abby. "Hi! So glad that you're back. It's only been a few days and you've made it back so fast!" Abby says. I'm on edge because of Bradley leaving for Saudi Arabia, so I'm really not in the mood.

"Yea, well it's called traveling," I say sarcastically. Abby laughs and walks over to me. She sits on my bed, MY territory, and pats my shoulder. Out of instinct I growl loudly and my eyes flash hazel. Abby jumps back and snickers. "You honestly think that'll scare me? Please." I looked at her, wide eyed, and say, "What do you mean?" Abby looks at me with a serious face and flashes her eyes green. "I've been a wolf since I was 9. I think I know a wolf when I smell one," she explains.

"But I couldn't smell you." I sniff her hair as she says, "It's a perfume for werewolves that blocks out their scent for a few months. It should be wearing off in three...two...one." I sniff her hair again and smells like wood and drool. "Why couldn't you have just told me this before?" I ask, eyes hazel. Abby shifts around uncomfortably at the sight of my fur growing. "I thought it was funny to watch you transform by a dumpster."

I growl and fur begins to grow. "No, not today," I mumble to myself. Abby jumps off the bed and and backs away. "I'm not used to seeing people transform besides myself," she says. My fangs grow out and I snarl at her and go lock the door before she tries to run out. In an instant, I'm a wolf. I've gotten much bigger and stronger in wolf form because of the traveling I've been doing to hunt from a college to the woods and running all the way from Maine to Oklahoma.

Abby squeals and says, "Wow." As a wolf, she misses Bradley a lot more than the human does, so the wolf lets her emotions get the best of her. Jana pounces on Abby, and Abby's eyes turn green. Her fangs grow and she transforms as well. She snarls loudly and bites me on the ankle. It doesn't hurt the human or the wolf; the wolf is under attack and missing its mate.

I shoves Abby onto the couch and tears a hole into it. Abby loves the couch, so I did that just to make her mad. Abby growls loudly and twists my arm. I yelp in pain and get back up slowly. Mastering up all the power I can get to heal my leg, it heals immediately and all there is is a small limp. Abby steps back and bows her head in apology. I don't care about apologizing right now. All I want is victory and Bradley. I bite Abby's ear and she yelps but still bows her head.

I cock my head to the side and change back into a human. "What are you doing you idiot? I want victory, not apology!" Abby transforms back into a human and backs away. "I wasn't apologizing. I was recognizing you as the stronger wolf."