Gone

It's been a year and a half since Bradley went to fight in Saudi Arabia. A few of the soldiers went back home, while others may have been wounded. I fly to Maine and wait for Bradley's scent. Because it was winter break, Bradley got to come home. I slept most of the ride, and unfortunately I was getting air sick and my wolf tried to come out. But, I refused.

We land a few hours later and I rush out to the bus station. Asking to travel to the nearest police station, the bus driver nods and continues to drive. I'm the only one on the bus so this gives me an advantage. The bus driver drops me off at a police station, and vaguely I can smell Bradley from 120 miles down the road. I transform behind the station and begin to run.

After 30 miles or so, I stop for a break and hunt for squirrels. Luckily there's a bird sleeping, and I catch it easily. Continuing on my journey, I finally reach the military base and wait for Bradley and the other soldiers to come out. After 20 minutes of waiting, the soldiers come out and meet their family.

Patiently, I wait for Bradley after 10 minutes. Finally, I go up to one of the secretaries and ask where Bradley was. "Um, I would like to see Bradley Washington, please," I ask politely. The secretary pulls her hair out of a ponytail and stares at a piece of paper.

"I apologize dearly, Ms. Cook. Bradley Washington was killed."