Killing

"He what? No, no, no! This is not possible! Bradley. Are you sure you looked at the right Bradley? I mean, you might've made a mistake or--" I stop in the middle of my rant and begin sobbing. The secretary comes from behind the desk and hugs me tightly. I sob into her shoulder and finally after a few minutes, I back away from her slowly. "I'm so sorry for your loss, ma'am," the secretary says.

I nod and run out of the military base. This has to be the worst feeling in the world--losing someone you love. I've never experienced this before, but now I guess I can't say that anymore.

I run to the airport as a wolf and grab my luggage. I was so eager to see Bradley that I left my luggage. In my wolf form, I jump on the next flight to Oklahoma. Many people scream, but I don't care. My mate is dead. I've lost him forever. FOREVER.

***

I land in Oklahoma safely and change into my oversized sweatshirt and rolled my luggage out of the luggage area. Quickly, I go back to the university and unpack my things. Still sniffling, I pull out my phone and stare at my screensaver. It's a picture of me and Bradley in a photo booth. I laugh through my tears at the last picture where Bradley was trying to kiss me and I made an weird face.

I take the printed picture Bradley sent to me through the mail before I went to visit him. It was a picture of me and him smiling, and the other picture was of us kissing. I love Bradley dearly and I miss him so much. I stare at the pictures for about 20 minutes and then Abby comes in. "What's up, Jana?" I stare at Abby, and turn back around to look at the picture some more. How could Bradley die? Silver was the only thing that could kill wolves AND werewolves!

"Hey, what happened?" Abby asks, concerned. "My boyfriend Bradley died in a war," I reply. Abby hesitates before talking. "You know--well, I guess you'd be pretty upset." Abby shuffles her feet around and I wait for her to keep talking. "Bradley--was killed by my mother," she says. I stare at Abby, with no emotion on my face. "Why?" I whisper. "My mom thought that if she killed him, you would have no one else to run to but your fellow wolves," Abby explains.

I snarl and claw at Abby's face. Unfortunately I miss her eye by an inch. "I'm sorry." Abby tries to apologize, but I refuse to accept it. I yank some of Abby's hair out and leave her with a few bald spots. Abby screams and I storm out of the dorm room. I walk back in and say, "Where is she." Abby looks at me, so much water in her eyes, but I don't care. I need to find her mother. "Downtown. I can take you--" Abby says, but I interrupt her. "If you do anything besides help me kill your mother, I will kill you...with my bare hands."

I walk away and slam the door so hard that the door breaks and there are a few cracks on the sides of the wall.