✏️•Escape•🧡

005.
P.O.V. : Arjun Jansen.
Chapter Five : Alone.

The new school year has started out like any other new school year, long morning assemblies, boring workshops and unnecessary team building exercises that don't really help much. Jimmy and I sadly weren't in the same class and the only time i get to see him was during lunch time and even then i try to stay away and enjoy my lunch alone, like i do everyday. Jimmy and i are totally different in may ways yet somehow we became best friends i guess our parents being long time friends played a huge role in us becoming friends but still Jimmy is totally out of my league. Jimmy was naturally popular people were drawn to him even though he never goes out of his way to deal with those around him and then there's me i avoided people all together since i have terrible social skills and the friend i did have sometimes get all awkward around me because i was awkward and weird I'm surprised they still let me join the volleyball team here at school.

I spend most of my lunches in the art room where the teacher, Ms.Claire let's me paint my heart out. She has to be one of my favorite teacher out of all the once i have so far, she nice, beautiful, smart and not to mention she totally gets me. She sometimes even displays my finished projects proudly in her classroom. It was in that very classroom that i met Eric my first friend since i started my freshmen year, he was a thin and sickly looking boy and very quiet but we managed to actually became friends. My lunches weren't so boring anymore because i had someone to talk to that wasn't Ms.Claire. Eric was an inspiring interior designer he wants to follow in his late mother's footsteps, Eric and i would talk the whole hour and everyday we'd learned something new about each other He's even stayed behind to wait for me to finish volleyball practice so we could walk home together.

Eric's company was nice but i missed Jimmy's who was rarely around anymore since he was always busy. Soccer practice, student council meetings and part-time work had him on a very tight schedule, We barely had anytime to hangout and even if we did he'd fall asleep midway. Things got more and more complicated as school went on, one of them was Eric who found out our secret.

" Arjun are you gay?." Eric bluntly asked me as he sat there staring into my direction. The paint brush i was holding fell from my hand as i stared back at Eric in absolute shock. How did he found out? There is no way he could known i never once gave him any indication that i was gay or did i?. Was i so comfortable around him that i let it slip?. But I wasn't so careless as to do something so stupid.

Eric chuckled crossing a leg over the other leaning back slightly into the coach. " Don't worry I don't plan on telling anyone its not my secret to tell and plus you shouldn't care what others thing, its who you are, its your sexual preference it doesn't have anything to do with who you are as a person." Eric said his voice just as gentle as his eyes that where fixated on me. Ms.Claire gave her voice of a approval before going back to her work.

" How...how did you know?."

" Because of the way you look at Jimmy, the way you smile whenever his around you, the way you seem to go on and on when talking about him Its obvious that you like him."

" H-His actually my b-boyfriend." I told him. Eric looked at me in shock but his face quickly relaxed as he leaned back into his seat.

" Who would of thought." Eric chuckled closing his eyes and adjusting himself in his previous position so i could continue to paint him.

Eric knew, someone knew of our secret and he wasn't freaking out maybe i shouldn't of been so trusting and told him Jimmy was my boyfriend cause if he tells people they'll brother Jimmy and i wouldn't want that. Eric kept his word he hasn't told a soul about our secret and he's never once brought it up again, he treated me no different then before he was a true friend and i'm glad i was able to become friends with him.

" I'm moving away in a couple of weeks so we won't be seeing each other anymore." Eric said as he sat on the kitchen island kicking his feet back and forth. The dish i had in my hand slipped and fell into the tub filled with soap and water, i turned towards him and he just sat there with the same relaxed face he always had on.

Eric was always blunt about stuff like this it was hard for him to show his emotion so i think that's one of the main reasons people dislike him because he tells you like it is, but ouch hearing that his moving away hurts so bad he was the first friend i ever made, the first person who knew my secret and didn't freak out.

" You can't just say it like that." I told him pouting slightly. He got off the counter and pulled me into a big hug. " Who else besides Jimmy's gonna come and watch me play at my very first volleyball game?. Or who am i gonna spend my lunchtime with?. Or who's gonna tell me Juicy secrets." Eric pat my back gently while i held on to him tightly not wanting to let go of him.

" I leave the day after your big game so we still got time so don't worry. I'm hoping that you'll introduce me to Jimmy too." I nodded my head before i latched back on to him. He pat my head gently trying to comfort me the best he could.

Eric was the first friend i made since starting high school and now he was leaving me. I was gonna be all alone again with nobody to talk to and i could never join Jimmy's circle cause I don't belong there i'd just make things awkward and I don't want that at all. I'm gonna be alone again and that really scares me.