Chapter 52: My Santa

Mina finally is able to go home with doctor's approval and Mina's parents, but with a condition that she'll need to be monitored by a health care provider until delivery. The girl is given steroids to help the baby’s lungs develop faster in case she'll go into labour early. Chaeyoung takes leave in absence at his college and focused only at Mina and their child since there are at the crucial time where he knows she needs him the most. 

Mina sits quietly, knitting a pink baby beanie while Chaeyoung will glance at her once in a while. They are heading to Mr and Mrs Myoui house as they will stay there for a week.

He takes the red light as an opportunity to stare at Mina and smiles by the lovely sight. When his eyes land on her bump, his smiles grow wider to the thought that they'll meet their newborn in a few more weeks and he couldn't help to hides his excitement.

Mina stops knitting as she feels a pair of eyes watching her. She looks to her side and surprise when Chaeyoung already smiles at her. She reciprocated the smiles and tie the final knot on the beanie then diverts her attention to him. "Want to hold hand?" She suggests opening her palm and without hesitation, the guy happily catches her hand while the other holding the steering.

He brings their intertwined hands closer to him and lightly kisses hers. Mina smiles and does the same but not on his hand. She leans over, pecking his cheeks. "In these three months, be with me for the whole time. Don't leave me even for a second"

If he isn't looking at her, he will laugh as he thought her statement is a joke but no. Mina stared at him deeply with her straight face. He let out an awkward chuckle, wondering about the sudden changes of behaviour.

"I will"

*  *  *  *

"Mina" Mrs Myoui utter after she opens the door. Mina forces a smile when at that moment how badly she wants to cry. Her mom apron is a staple of her childhood, pattern with all earthly things, from flowers to trees. When she thinks of it the aromas of her mom's fresh baking come flooding into Mina's brain, her heart leaps and there is that moment of serenity. Mina sees her mom in that apron, arms wide, a hug just a few steps away.

She hurriedly jumps to her mother's embrace while Chaeyoung is a step behind, he bows to Mr Myoui and receives a nod from him.

"I miss you" Mina mumbles against her mother's shoulder.  

That day, Mina laugh and smile nonstop. It seems like family time work effectively in making her happy. The house looks even lively since Tzuyu and Dahyun are there. Though Chaeyoung is a bit upset that Mina concentration is fully on her family members, he understands and gives her space she needs to.

The wall clock is showing at seven sharp p.m. Mrs Myoui is busy preparing snacks in the kitchen with Mina while the others are inside the living room. The boys and the girls are playing carrom game whereas Tzuyu, paired with Sana against Dahyun and Momo. Chaeyoung and Mr Myoui are playing Go and it's Chaeyoung's turn to make a move but the guy seems to lose the game. Well, he never wins if it's against his father no matter how much he practised except......

"There," A hand point to an empty space on the board. Chaeyoung looks to his side where Mina settles down with a plate of fruit on her lap. She feeds the guy a slice of mango and gestures him to follow as what she instructed. Chaeyoung smiles and obeys the girl since Mina is the only person who can beat Mr Myoui when it comes to Go. The father chuckle and nods, his face turns serious the moment Mina joins the game.

"We won" Chaeyoung mumble after they finish counting the stone on board including the captured and komi. Mr Myoui sigh and boringly glare at Mina who hides behind Chaeyoung's back, laughing quietly.