Chapter 11: Three Choices

"Huh?" I draw away after hearing his audible voice. I lift my gaze, finding his makes and maintained eye contact. Confused, I don't get what he just says.

"What?" He presses his lips staring at me.

"D-did I say something?" He adds. Now avoiding my gaze and froze at the time. He looks like trying to search for word while I'm still waiting. I heard it wrong. Right?

"Yeah"

"Ah-Umm I-I" He mutters a few words, sometimes shut his eyes probably thinking. I'm narrowing my eyes in an attempt to understand him. Just when he let out a heavy sigh and find my eyes again, he gets interrupted.

Ring Ring

"Yeah?" I ask ignoring the phone call. I don't think that's important.

He drops his head before blinks and raises his brows. Maybe waiting for me to answer but I'm not. "Um your not going to pick it up?"

"No"

He breathed in a big lump of air and releasing it hard before he starts to speak again "I l--"

Ring Ring

"Maybe you should" He gives me a faint smile and nods a little. Maybe I don't have a choice but to get rid of this caller. I could just stomp on my phone and throw it away. Urg

"Give me a moment then," I say as I'm standing from the bench, taking out my phone that is in the front pocket of my cardigan and walks away for few steps enough not to let Chaengie overheard the conversation. I almost curse the caller but stop when jeongyeon Oppa voice came out. It looks like he wants an answer now. After seven months.

_____________________________________

Chaeyoung eyes followed Mina until he can't see her anymore because of the darkness that surrounds them. He sits back straight turns his body facing the lake upfront. The water is like a mirror, the shimmering reflection of the moon casts a silvery sparkle on the still waters. He curses himself for saying the things that were running his mind, didn't realized that he was actually saying it out loud when he only thought about the word that slips from his mouth.

While waiting with wind howling calms as it brushing his hair, he shut his eyes and savour the memory of its gentle touch.

=======================
|Flashback|

"Weak! Don't play with us again! That's why your mom left you. Weirdo!" A kid pushed a ten years old, little Chaeyoung until he fell on his butt. As a kid, he always labelled as a freak because of his personality. Chaeyoung was not like usual kids, he was quiet and always alone. He spent most of his time locked in his room, drawing. He tried to bend with the others but it seems like he couldn't when he tried to play his role in football to gain score but his short legs and tiny body make it easy for the opponent to steal. After the match, he needed to face the consequences, trapped in the changing room with his teammates crowding him.

"Yyaaaa!" The door swung open revealing little Mina with a broom. She runs towards all of the seven other kid and recklessly beating their ass. They ran for their lives without any complaint since Mina, the named princess turned into the hulk when she was mad.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Eleven years old Mina found Chaeyoung hiding in branches of an oak tree "Gotcha!" she shouted from under the tree while pointing at Chaeyoung who found his way to get down.

"This is not fair. You're too good for a seeker"

"I'm not. You're just bad at hiding" Mina laugh pinching chaeyoung's nose while the younger kept babbling.
.
.
.
.
.
.