epilogue

Start from the beginning

Nothing in his past was worth to be reminded off, that's what he learned along the way.

Taejeon grew into a wonderful boy. He was smart, always getting the best grades in class and he developed into a boy who was beloved by all the girls and some boys as well.

Chicago was nothing like Seoul, everyone was open-minded and accepting. Of course it's not everywhere like this, not even on the other side of the world.

"Good Morning Jeongguk", Mr Kim, yeah ironic isn't it, said with a wide smile on his face as the boy walked in this Tuesday morning. "Hi Mr Kim!", he giggled a little as he placed the coffee on his bosses' table. "I got you a vanilla one today-"

"I told you a thousand times you don't have to bring me coffee every morning anymore, Jungkook."

"But I want to", Jungkook tilted his head and then grabbed the pile of papers he had to work through for today. "Well, then", his boss hummed and got back into his work.
"Bye Mr Kim", Jungkook said, enjoying his name rolling off his tongue as he walked out and made his way to his own small office which he got with his first promotion.

In Jungkook's case, he wasn't over Taehyung.

Not. at. all.

Obviously, he didn't join the company just because their boss had the same last name like Taehyung had. He also didn't always wore tight pants whenever he knew he had a meeting with his boss and he clearly didn't always bought him coffee and snacks with his own money.

No, they didn't had an affair.
Mr Kim, married and totally happy with his wife and two children, wasn't interested in Jungkook. He saw him more like another child of his, caring for him a little after he found out about the fact that he was a single father.

Jungkook however, had the biggest crush on his boss. Not because he was in any way good-looking (he wasn't, he was an old man.), no, but because saying his name made Jungkook's heart jump.

A little pathetic, isn't it?
Jungkook couldn't care less. He surpassed the stage where it stopped hurting to think of him, now Taehyung was nothing but the most beautiful memory Jungkook had of his past.

Lyza, college and the bullying-, he never thought about it. Instead, he literally avoided every phone call with Lyza and let Taejeon do it. College was a topic he scratched out of his mind and the bullying only came up at nights.

But Taehyung? He was constantly on Jungkook's mind. When he went to bed, he remembered kissing the older. After he got up he walked to the mirror and smiled in the way Taehyung loved it the most. He wore that smile everyday. Butterflies were still there, happiness coming up in his tummy with every time he fell into his bed at night and his hands wandering down his pants-.

5 years passed by, Jungkook's feelings didn't change in the slightest way.

Of course he did try to date other guys, simply because at times it got boring to fuck himself with his fingers all the time. Or maybe because Taejeon was eleven and already had a boyfriend and a girlfriend. Not at the same time though. But he kept teasing his Dad about it.

So Jungkook indeed tried it. He installed dating apps and went to gay bars. Yes, he completely focused on men. Girls just weren't for him, he knew that. Also, Taehyung wouldn't like him touching girls, so he didn't.

Once he went out with a doctor. Another time he met a cute soldier from Britain. Also mentionable was a pretty black-haired boy he met in a bar, yet had to throw him out when the guy told him he was 17. While fucking into him.
Kinda awkward, getting fucked by an underaged kid, isn't it? Luckily Jungkook was only 21 by then.